LATE ARRIVAL

Multi-colored strobe lights were seen flickering from the outside of the center of the lavish square shaped unit of homes, where one of Marcel's parties were taking place

Multi-colored strobe lights were seen flickering from the outside of the center of the lavish square shaped unit of homes, where one of Marcel's parties were taking place. The loud music could be heard from blocks away – unfortunately for the children and students who were trying to catch up on their sleep – and the smell of all kinds of foreign liquor lingered in the night air.

Remus had been invited to another one of Marcel's celebrations, which he happily accepted, but after finally completing his mental checklist for the day the warlock had realized he was late to the celebration.

After getting ready Remus walked down to the location of the party, hence the fact that his home was just down the street, and walked through one of the many entrances. Yes, he was late – quite fashionably might he add – but getting through the crowd to retrieve an alcoholic beverage wasn't much of a hassle, all of the supernatural creators in the party knew who he was after the many years he had lived there, and they knew to respect him, so they politely moved out of the way.

After Remus had a few drinks, the alcohol hardly taking any affect on him, the warlock scanned the room in search of a comfortable seat. After many minutes of seeing only vampires blood sharing and humans getting compelled Remus looked between the beings and much to his surprise there was an empty chair near the corner of the room and he gracefully took a seat on it, happy to find out that it wasn't at all uncomfortable.

He conversed with many of the partiers, some drunk and some just plain annoying while he sipped another one of his drinks, until the residents in the room slowly became quiet, as did the music that had been blaring.

The supernatural beings all turned to face two people – Marcel and someone who Remus had never laid his eyes on before – curious about what conflict had been going on.

"– master of your domain, prince of the city. I'd like to know how." The man, who had quite an enticing English accent said and Remus slowly stood up, sensing the rising conflict. "Why?" Marcel queried, his cockiness getting the best of him, "jealous?"

Many of Marcel's minions surrounded the two men, ready to fight against the British man if they had to. "Hey man, I get it. Three-hundred years ago, you helped build a backwater penal colony into something. You started it, but then you left, actually, you ran from it. I saw it through. Look around; vampires rule this city now. I got rid of the werewolves. I even found a way to shut down the witches. The blood keeps floating and the party never ends! You want to pass on through? You want to stay a while? Great. What's mine is yours, but it is mine - - my home, my family, my rules."

By the time the vampire had mentioned the making of the city Remus had mentally established just whom the blonde male was; Klaus Mikaelson. Marcel often ranted on and on about the man who he once considered a member of his family, expecting the warlock to listen, when most of the time he would be asking himself what he would be having for dinner.