PURPLE PEOPLE EATER

Remus was once again attending one of Marcel's famous parties

Remus was once again attending one of Marcel's famous parties. He had arrived late yet again, just in time to see Marcel's minions chow down on the innocent mundane's at midnight. Screams filled the air and the humans tried to get away from the nightwalkers, but of course no human could out run a vampire who possessed super speed.

The midnight parties were never his favorite of all the events but he didn't consider them to be all that bad. Sure there have been times in which blood got splatter on his clothes and a run away human knocked over his drink, but other than that it was fun. Plus, Marcel had amazing alcohol.

Remus took a sip of his Daiquiri while watching the vampires run around feasting on the innocent party goers. The crimson and navy blue spot lights which swirled around the room really made the terror and blood on their faces stand out against the dark night sky. Of course the music inside the court was loud enough to block out the screams of the nightwalkers victims, and Remus was glad that the music was actually good.

He had come to love the evolving music from every century, but some of the more popular songs would be played over and over again until the man simply wanted to set fire to every single car radio and cell phone he could find.

He glanced over to the other side of the bannister across the courtyard and met eyes with none other than the original hybrid himself; Niklaus Mikaelson. The man looked as dashing as ever - even if Remus had only seen him once before - and the warlock believed that the evil glint in the man's eyes as he looked over the chaos happening underneath them only added onto his charm.

Remus raised his glass slightly in greeting then took another sip of his drink, keeping his eyes locked with the man until Niklaus tore his gaze away from the warlock, looking back down at what Marcel considered to be a masterpiece.

One of Marcel's minions, whom Remus never cared enough about to even learn his name, made his way over to the vampire and the hybrid. In a moment the hybrid and the vampire were gone. So much for finding some sort of entertainment tonight.

Well, he could always go home and binge watch Shameless Again.

-

Remus wondered the streets, greeting a few of the overly enthusiastic tourists and fake fortune tellers. Not too long ago he had decided to entertain himself by paying for a season with one of the fortune tellers, but the only thing the non-magical being said was that he would die soon. Oh god, did he have a good laugh.

He stepped into one of his go to bars and ordered a cocktail which he had come to name the purple people eaters cocktail.

As per usual he looked around the joint waiting for something to catch his eye, when something finally did. Or, should he say two someone's. Remus waited until the bartender placed his drink in front of him before grabbing it and walking over to the back of the room where Marcel and Niklaus were chatting away.

"Well well well, what a coincidence seeing two dashing men here all on their lonesome, without any dates. Or did I read into this wrong and I've just interrupted a more tempestuous moment than I originally thought?" Remus greeted and Marcel sighed, while Niklaus simply looked up from his drink.

"What do you want, Remus?" The taller man sighed and the warlock placed his purple colored drink on the table which Niklaus was leaning on. Remus raised his hands innocently, "I came here to fetch myself a drink," He gestured to the glass, "-and chat with some people of my choosing." He then gestured to the two men in front of him.

"It looks like you've got your wish, now leave." The man went to push Remus towards the door by the shoulder, but the warlock caught the man's hand and pushed it away from him.

The king of the quarter got a phone call and stepped away before answering it, leaving the warlock and hybrid by themselves.

"So," Remus began, pulling out a stool before sitting down on it and crossing his legs, "How is New Orleans treating you so far?" The man had sure as hell never incisions himself having small-talk with a Mikaelson sibling, but now that he had the chance to do it he sure as hell wasn't going to pass up the opportunity.

"It's different from the way I left it, and there sure are a lot of rules and regulations but I think I can get used to it." The hybrid replied and Remus tilted his head side to side, "Fair enough.

"I know about all the rules that weigh over the witches in the French quarter, but what about you?" Niklaus queried.

"Ah, yes the witches accords. Of course Marcel's minions or the who or what he uses to sense magic being performed doesn't apply to me since I can't parish, but Marcel forced me to make a deal with him that will play on during my stay here." Remus answered and the originals interest looked peeked.

"What exactly was that deal, love?"

"As long as I don't kill any of his little minions, I get free reign over the quarters. I can use my magic and have access to his minions along with his alcohol cabinets."

Niklaus chuckled and took a sip of his bourbon before glancing back over at the warlock in front of him. "I have a feeling that even if that deal wasn't in place you would still be doing all of those things?" "Right you are, Niklaus."

The two laughed before Marcel walked back over to them. Remus drowned out Marcel's speech about Niklaus' sister while taking large sips of his purple toned drink. Once the vampire left for good Niklaus turned back to Remus and threw back the rest of his bourbon.

"Didn't know your sister was in town also. Having a little family reunion?" The man asked and Mikaelson shook his head, "They come when they have a reason to be a burden then they leave me behind to deal with the mess."

He directed his eyes over to the immortal beings drink, his eyes narrowing at the dark purple liquid with raspberries floating in it. The glass had the traditional salt circling around the rim and a slice of lemon and lime stuck to the edge of it. "What on earth are you drinking?" The man asked. After centuries of drinking ancient and modernized drinks such as bourbon and whiskey he had never a drink as atrociously tropical such as that one.

"I call it the purple people eater." The warlock answered and Niklaus' nose crinkled in dislike of the name. "You're welcome to try it, if you'd like."

"No offense, but I don't drink fruity cocktails I would find at a sorority party."

Remus chuckled before looking down at his watch and seeing that he had about half an hour before a new episode of American Horror Story aired. He rose up from his seat, "Not to seem rude or anything but I believe I have to head back home. I understand that you don't want to injure your pride or whatever, but if you want to try this the offer still stands." Remus walked away, leaving his favorite drink on the table where it sat in front of Niklaus.

Remus left the bar, leaving behind the hybrid.

Klaus looked back at the exiting Remus before glancing down at the drink. He scowled at it for a moment before pouring himself some more bourbon and chugging it down in a second. Niklaus looked back at the drink before cursing at himself slightly, then took a swig of the drink.

He was surprised to see that it wasn't half bad.