Santa's Grotto.

Upon entering the mall, you had Law one side of you, holding his hand so he doesn't get lost and the other side of you, you had Rosinante's hand. Just so he wouldn't trip over and smash his face into the mall floor. Which he had done several times before.

"We'll go to the toy store first." You thoughtfully murmur, Law completely disregarding your comment and trying to tug you to the movie store while Rosinante tries to tug you in the opposite direction, toward the clothing stores. 

For heaven's sake, boys.

Naturally, the strongest one wins. Rosinante hauling you both inside the clothing store with a big grin on his precious face. "Law, pick a Christmas jumper to wear~!" The blonde chimes, eagerly pointing towards the Christmassy isle, Law's face filling with horror at the mere thought.

"Over my dead body!" A giggle leaves your lips at the grumpy boy's comment, earning you a pout from Law and an excited smile from Rosinante, his amber eyes filling with enthusiasm as he pulls you both toward the woolly, festive jumpers.

"You're wearing one too, [F/n]~ Pick wisely~!" 

Hell no. This is karma. I laughed at Law's misfortune and now it has come to bite me in the ass.

"What a beautiful family, fufufu~!" A deep voice emerges from behind the three of you, feeling Law's hand tightening around yours slightly, you look down to see the boy sending daggers at the blonde man approaching. The first thing you notice about this man, other than his hair color, was the pink feathered coat.

Of course, Doffy makes an appearance while we're checking out dorky Christmas sweaters. 

"Are you being good, Law?" The male asks with a wide, slightly sinister-looking smile on his face as he crouches down in front of the boy, still being much taller than him. "You remember what will happen if you get sent back to me, don't you?" 

The slightly fearful look in the little boy's eyes doesn't go unnoticed by you, instantly triggering your irritation. Even more so when you remember he has said something perverted about you before. "He's an angel." You hiss, your voice laced with venom as your thumb strokes Law's little knuckles gently. "Why? What would you do if he wasn't?" You couldn't control yourself at this point, your words harshly spat at him as he stares up at you through his shades.

"Well, if he's such an angel, it doesn't matter." Doflamingo purrs, standing up straight, his smile slowly forming into more of a smirk as Law makes his way behind your leg. "I actually have a business opportunity for you, [F/n]. If you're so eager to help raise Law, you might just  be interested in this offer." The man continues as he holds out a card with his number on it. "You see, I need more female...'workers' for the club I'm opening soon." 

Club? He means his brothel?

"She's not interested." Rosinante answers for you, his amber eyes holding a small flame in them as he stares coldly at his older brother. If looks could kill. In response to Rosinante's words, Doflamingo slips the card back into his pocket, his smirk still etched into his features.

"Fine. It's her own loss though, fufufu~!"

"Me and Law will look at some more clothes," You politely force a smile to your lips, although you're certain your eyes are showing immense distaste for the pink-feathered asshole before you. You were well aware that Law had slipped behind you and it sounded like Doflamingo was trying to threaten the little boy. Why should he have to put up with that? After all he's been through? You intend on getting the boy away from this man immediately. "Don't get lost in here, Rosi~" You playfully hum, tugging Law with you as you make your way out of the isle, not that you had to pull hard, the boy was walking completely in-line with you.

"I hate him." Law mumbles quietly, your eyes casting down at the young man, your inner maternal instincts beginning to kick in. "He wants you to be his own personal prostitute. I heard him mention it to Cora-san the day he adopted me." 

As if I would agree to that shit. But, more importantly...

"What will he do, Law? If you got sent back there?" You ask sternly, a clear frown etched into your usually-cheerful features. You couldn't really care less about his perverted fantasies about you, but threatening a little boy who has already been through hell is quite another matter. 

"The same thing he always does." The boy responds simply, his hand gingerly rubbing his shoulder as he spoke.

"Which is?" You press, stopping in your tracks and getting down on your knees so you're face-to-face with the child, your eyes boring into his. "I'm not going to mock you on whatever it is that you tell me, Law. You're a very brave little man. And nothing you tell me will ever make me doubt that." 

You notice his mouth fall open to speak before he closes it again, his eyes briskly drifting over to the dressing rooms before he tugs on your hand gently. "I-I'll...show you..." the boy grimly mumbles as you stagger to your feet, allowing him to guide you to the changing rooms. 

He picks up a jumper before getting there so they let you both in. The boy leading you inside a cubicle before he closes the curtain. A deep sigh leaving his lips as he slowly lifts his shirt, stopping half way, worry filling his eyes as he stares down at the floor.

"It's okay, Law." You urge in attempts to soothe him, the boy lifting his shirt over his head with new-found confidence before turning his back to you. You couldn't help but gasp at the sight, his back covered with deep slashes from what appears to be a whip. From his shoulders to his hips. "What the fu--? Did Rosinante not notice this when bathing you earlier?!"

Law pulls his shirt back over his head, his eyes avoiding yours as he shifts nervously. "I didn't turn my back on him..." the boy admits shamefully, picking up the jumper and leaving the changing room, you following closely behind him. "I wasn't meant to show anybody, so don't say anything."

"I won't, don't worry." You remember back to the time you gave the boy a pat on the head and his body jolted at the contact. 

It all makes sense now. Poor thing probably thought I was going to hurt him...

"Law~!" Rosinante cheers as he catches up with you both, a goofy grin spreading across his face as he carries several items of child's clothing in his arms. "I found hoodies! You like hoodies, right~?" 

"Ye--"

"Also, there's a Santa's grotto in the center of the mall! Let's pay for this stuff and go see him~!"

"Santa doesn't exist, idiot."

"Then we'll go see the Santa impostor and get a present from him!"

"You do that crap, I'm looking at movies."

Oh, Law. You know you have no choice in the matter. Just go with it.