All Through The Night.

Sitting yourself at the coffee table, you begin to wrap Law's gifts, a content smile on your face as you hear Rosinante cluttering around in the kitchen. 

Clumsy man.

You get half way through the bag before finding a small jewelers box, a slight raise of your brow. "Why would Law need jewelry? When did we even buy jewelry?" you ask yourself quietly, thinking back to that time in the mall when Rosinante had disappeared for a short time and came back acting all shifty, hiding something in his pocket and he wouldn't let you or Law know what. Of course. Opening the box, you see small, golden hooped earrings with diamonds engraved in them. 

They look like woman's earrings..?  

"Cora-san wanted those to be a surprise for you." The sudden voice startling you, surely scaring your soul from your body. Your eyes shooting toward the doorway where Law now stood, holding the white teddy bear in his arms. 

JESUS, KID!

"I thought these were all your gifts." You giggle, pretending to have all your cool and that your soul wasn't currently on it's way to the moon. Closing the box, you slip it back inside the bag, taking out one of Law's presents instead. "What are you doing up anyway? You're not meant to be here when people wrap your gifts, you know?" The boy sitting opposite you, his eyes resting on the Christmas tree, watching has the colorful lights flicker.

"I just...like to be close to you and Cora-san." 

"Fair enough, I have something I need to ask you anyway. How do you feel about sleeping in my bed for a few nights? Until your sleeping routine gets better? According to...Cora-san...I help you sle--"

"You do." The boy answers before you even finish your sentence, his eyes never leaving the Christmas tree. "Does that mean you took Doflamingo up on his offer? I heard prostitutes share their bed with people a lot..."

You fucking what, child?

"No, I haven't." You answer simply, your eyebrow raising slightly as you stare at the boy before you. "How do you even know this much about prostitutes at your age? You're only, what? Ten?" 

"Knowledge isn't about your age," Law mumbles bluntly, his eyes casting back to your form. "It's about what you're exposed to in your life." You couldn't help but agree with him on that one, most 10-year-old's wouldn't know how to handle a head wound but this kid sure as hell knew what he was doing when Rosinante cut his head open and that was surely because he was taught by his father, who was a doctor before he passed away. "Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with prostitutes. I just know bits that this 'Drake' guy told me at the orphanage." 

"Well that's good." You blurt, your maternal instincts kicking in once again as you wrap his presents. "You shouldn't be exposed to that sort of stuff at your age, anyway." You notice a small, pale smile grace Law's lips before he covers his mouth with the teddy, his eyes falling shut, before forcing themselves open again.

"You look tired, kiddo." Rosinante's voice chimes from the doorway as he enters, placing your coffee down next to you before he takes his seat in the armchair beside the fireplace, pulling Law into his lap. "What woke you?" 

"I heard you cluttering around." Law responds with a slight irritated tone in his voice, drawing a giggle from your lips as you wrap the last of his gifts, placing it under the tree with the others. "By the way, [F/n] found your jewelers box."

You little shit, Law!

You notice Rosinante's face fall into utter embarrassment as a deep blush spreads across his cheeks. The blonde completely freezing up. "I-I...forgot I put it in that bag." A small smile on your face as you see Law's dark eyes stare up at the blonde's observantly before he tilts his head to the side.

"You look tired yourself, Cora-san..." 

"That's because you were kicking me last night on the sofa, so I didn't sleep too good." The blonde doesn't sound at all irritated by his lack of sleep though. A grin still spreading across his lips as he scoops Law up in his muscular arms, passing the boy to you before he picks up the jewelers box. "You two should go to bed, I have to wrap some more presents and neither of you need to see them." 

And here is Rosinante's famous 'Buddy The Elf' mode, you chuckle at the thought of him dressed as a Santa's little helper as you carry the dark-haired boy in your arms. "Alright, goodnight Cora--Rosinante~" you still chime, despite the name confusion. 

Law smirking with a quiet snicker leaving his lips as you make your way up the stairs with him in your arms. "You called him Cora~" The boy teases, earning a pout from you as you lay him down on your bed. "You two clearly like each other, why won't either of you just say it?"

Am I really being lectured by a little boy about my lovelife?

"Turn around, Law." You mumble, pretending you hadn't heard him. The boy doing as he's told for once and looking away as you change into your pajamas. "Me and Cor--Rosinante have been friends for years, if we date and it doesn't work out, won't it ruin the friendship?" You ask as you climb into bed, pulling the child into a hug as you lay down.

You decide to leave the lamp on for Law, a smile gracing your lips as you wrap your arms around him, you could feel the teddy still in his small grasp. "I don't think the friendship will be ruined because it will work." The boy still argues, an audible yawn leaving his lips as he fidgets back against you a little so that you're holding him tighter.

"You like this teddy bear, then?" Asking pleasantly, clearly trying to avoid the conversation about Rosi rising. You've had a crush on the blonde for a very long time now, but fear was a massive obstacle to you. You just didn't want to lose him. 

"Yeah, I'm gonna call him Bepo."

That's mine, you little fucker.

"Bepo, huh?" You couldn't even be mad with the boy, he was just too adorable. Hell, keep the bear, child. His happiness is the only thing you wanted in life right now. "I like that name~" Your lips coming down to the back of his head, planting a kiss in his messy hair before you close your eyes. "Goodnight, Law~"

"Night, [F/n]..."

Admittedly, you were thankful for this boy. You hated what he had been through but you're also glad that you found him. He gave you a goal, a purpose. You know what you wanted to do with your life now and you want to do whatever you can to make him happy.

He deserves it more than anyone.