Chapter 1

Ruby's pov
I groan as I wake up to the sound of my ringtone 'break your heart right back' by Ariana grande.

"Hello?" I said sleepily into the phone.

"Ruby Rose swan, don't tell me you just woke up its 2 o'clock " Aunty Renee's voice came through my phone speaker.

"What me...sleeping no" I said into the phone.
"Ruby" She stated sternly.

"Fine I was sleeping, but only because I was up late last night for my friends birthday" I defended.

"Which friend?" Aunty Renee asked.

"Hayley"

"The one with the kid?" She questioned

"Her name is hope, not the kid" I exclaimed.

"Those people are bad influences"

"They're my friends. I know you don't like them because they sometimes get me in trouble but they always get me out of it and I can count on them."

"I know that sweetie but your only sixteen I know things have been hard since you lost your parents but I want you to be able to live a normal life, find someone, fall love, settle down and when you are always in the centre of trouble that's not going to happen. Uncle Charlie has offered for you to stay with him for as long as you want. I think you should consider it ok honey. It would be nice I know you miss Bella you two were like sisters growing up." Aunty Renee explained.

"I'll consider it. Thanks Aunty Renee you always look out for me"

"Good. Think about it. Bye honey"

"

Wait didn't you call for a reason?"

"Well you obviously haven't checked your mail yet sooo.....no. Ring me back when you check your mailbox"

"Ok. Bye Aunty Renee" I mumbled hanging up the phone and getting dressed for the day. I walked down stairs and straight to Hayley's. She lived next door.

"Hayley crisis" I yelled and she zoomed down the stairs. Yes I know what she is. Hybrid. Half vampire, half werewolf. She's told me everything about all the different types of supernatural creatures. It's to dangerous for someone who lives in New Orleans not to know what's going on. I found that out the hard way when I got bit by a werewolf and turned.

"What?" She panicked.

"Aunty Renee called. She wants me to go live with uncle Charlie and spend time with Bella" I sighed sitting down on her couch dramatically.

"And the Crisis is?" Hayley questioned.

"Did you not just hear what I said?"

"You said you have a family and they want you to live with them and spend time with them because they love you. I'm not seeing the bad side."

"I would have to leave, you guys need me. The crisis is I don't know how to tell Aunty Renee no." I proclaimed hoping she'd understand now.

"Ruby you're sixteen, you're a kid, we are adults. We don't need you to protect us little pup" she laughed a little.

"Don't call me that" I whined.

"See your a kid. Go live a happy,  normal life Ruby, be with your family."

"You really think it's a good idea?"

"Yes and I think you know it's a good idea too. Ring your uncle, I'll help you pack." She spoke before zooming next door. I turned on my phone and rang uncle Charlie.

"Hello ruby" I heard his voice answer.

"Hi uncle Charlie. Aunty Renee said you would let me stay with you, is that true?"

"Yeah of course Ruby you know you always have a home here" uncle Charlie confirmed.

"Great because I'm booking a flight now and I'll be there as soon as possible" I said picking up Hayley's laptop and typing in the password.

"Ok Ruby I guess I'll see you soon than"

"Yeah and don't tell Bella I want it to be a surprise" I said through the phone.

"I won't but you should check your mail Bella sent you something"

"Ok I'll check it now jeez. Bye uncle Charlie" I said

"Bye ruby" he replied. What's with everyone and the mail? I thought as I finished booking my flight before I went outside to my mailbox.

"Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish,bill, rubbish, oh Bella." I muttered looking through my mail.

"You are invited to ahhhhhh!" I screamed

"What? what happened?" Hayley questioned coming out of the house, looking around for danger.

"My cousins getting married" I squealed.

"You weird" Hayley said walking back into the house. I smiled holding the letter to my chest, smiling happily and walking inside to finish packing.

* time skip to airport*

"I'm gonna miss you Hayley" I cried hugging her.

"I'm going to miss you too" Hayley replied.

"I know I'm fabulous what can I say" I snarked pulling away

"I think you've said it all" Hayley commented causing us both to giggle than look down at the little girl almost in tears.

"Give me a hug" I smiled looking down at her.

"I'm going to miss you Ruby. Who's  going to play dolls with me now?" Hope whined.

"I'm sure your mum can play with you"

"It won't be the same" Hope muttered.

"I know but give her a chance" I said smiling and pulling away from the hug.

"I've got to go now be a brave little girl for me"

"Ok" she sniffled.

"Bye you two"

"Bye" they called behind me.  I'm gonna miss them. To bad my other friends couldn't be here to say goodbye, but they had to leave to keep hope out of danger.