Chapter 17

Bella's pov.

Everyone showed courage. Though we knew that Aro's army was moving against us. Soon we would face the dark gifts of Jane. And worse, the paralyzing vapor of her brother Alec who could rob you of sight, sound and touch.

Janes pov.

In London, Alec and I chase down a Japanese vampire, Toshiro, we corner him and Alec releases his vapor, nearly killing him when Aro, Caius and Marcus arrive

"Alec?" Aro waves his hand, Alec takes back his power, releasing Toshiro from his vapor, Aro moves closer to Toshiro

"I will never go against you." Toshiro said to aro

"Of course not, my dear Toshiro." Aro indicates for Toshiro to give him his hand, when he takes his hand Aro reads his mind

"It seems Carlisle is still expecting you." Aro says. Aro and the others turn and start walking off, leaving Alec and I to deal with Toshiro

Bella's pov

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves." Edward explained.

"Too bad we don't all have your shield." Garrett commented.

"Doesn't help me fight, though." I sighed

"No, but you could help the rest of us, if you could project it." Tanya thought.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean shield someone other than yourself."

"Is that possible?"

"Gifts can be developed. Over time." Carlisle confirmed.

"At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body." Kate continued.

"How do you do it? "

*

"See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you" I try but only manage to bring up my shield for moment.

"I think she needs something to motivate her." Kate said. Edward steps forward

"No." I argued.

"It's all right, I can take it."

"He says that now." Garrett chuckled.

"Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting." Emmett said.

Ruby's pov

I'm sitting on a rock watching Edward get his ass zapped. It's pretty funny.

"Hello" Benjamin said sitting next to me. I could see Tia and Amun watching closely obviously listening to what we were saying

"Hi" I responded wondering why he was talking to me none of the vampires do they all stay away from the wolves.

"I wanted to ask you what you meant before when you said 'I've see how this ends" Benjamin stated. I noticed as he said this more people seem to be watching us and listening.

In fact the only ones that weren't were bella, Edward, Kate, Garrett and Emmett. I was kinda glad Seth was at home I'm not sure he'd want to hear this.

"I meant I had seen it. I know what's going to happen in the fight. That's why I'm going to change it take my friends make sure nobody gets hurt."

"How did you see it?" Benjamin asked.

"One of my friends is a witch, she showed me."

"What did you see?" Zafrina asked. No one even bothering to pretend not to listen anymore. As they gathered around me. Except for bella, Edward, Kate, garrett and emmett who were still working on Bella's power.

"Death a lot of it. My imprint, my cousin. Just gone."

"Bella dies?" Esme sympathized.

"She takes down Aro first, but yeah she does. The whole thing is a blood bath"

"Why didn't you tell us what you saw before?" Carlisle asked.

"Would you have stood down?" I asked knowing he wouldn't have. No one replied showing me that they wouldn't have.

"How many of you would stand down? If I told you that you died? Or that your mate died? That your family died? How many of you would still fight?" I asked

"I would still fight. It's the right thing to do" Benjamin confirmed strongly.

"Maybe that's why your one of the ones that survive" I smiled before getting off the rock and going inside to see if renesmee was awake.

Bella's pov.

I read to Renesmee to sleep
"There's sweet music here that softer falls than petals from blown roses on the grass. Or night dews on still waters between walls of shadowy granite in a gleaming pass. Music that brings sweet sleep down from the blissful skies."I read Then I look at Renesmee she has her eyes closed and I close the book and turns off the light

"Mom." Renesmee stopped me.

"Hmm?"

"Did Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper run away because we're gonna die?" Renesmee asked.

"No. I think they left to keep us safer. That's what all these other people are here for, too. I'll never let anybody hurt you. " I kiss Renesmee on her forehead and pull her close to me.

"Come here. Go to sleep."

After putting Renesmee to sleep, I go to the living room and look at Alice's note once more when Edward walks in.

"It's strange. Physically, I feel like I could demolish a tank. Mentally, I just feel drained." I sighed.

"How about a bath?" Edward suggests as he sits next to me and kisses my shoulder and starts unbuttoning my shirt

"I do remember how to undress myself."

"Yeah, I just do it so much better. Bella, I've had a bad habit of underestimating you. Every obstacle you've faced, I'd think you couldn't overcome it. And you just did. You're the reason they have something to fight for. My family I'm gonna get the water running."

I look at Alice's note again, turns the note over to look at the ripped page from The Merchant of Venice, I notice the book on the book shelf, opens it and finds a hidden note from Alice that says 'J. Jenks, Seattle - destroy this'