Chapter 2

Ruby's pov
I got off the plane and I'm currently waiting for uncle Charlie to pick me up. I'm so excited. I look up and see a police cruiser pulling up in front of me. Yep that's uncle Charlie. I grabbed my suitcases and put them in the trunk before heading for the front seat.

"Hey uncle Charlie" I smiled hugging him across the seat.

"Hello Ruby. It's good to see your face again" He chuckled pulling away from our hug.

"Obviously who wouldn't want to see this work of art?" I joked framing my face with my hands. Uncle Charlie laughed before driving off to his house. Bella is going to be so surprised. She probably didn't think I'd come at all, especially not early, not that I can blame her I'm always late and I never check my mail.

Bella's pov
I've been slowly walking in my wedding shoes for ages now, but I still keep stumbling.

"You just have to break them in." Alice  assured seeing the look on my face.

"I've been breaking them in. For three days. Can I just go barefoot?"

"No, absolutely not." Alice spoke sternly.

"Just thinking it's a little much, you know? The dress and the shoes, and all of this." I pointed to Jasper and Carlisle carrying benches for the wedding.

"No, it's exactly enough. Tomorrow will be perfect." Alice said as Emmett walks carrying a long tree trunk.

"Where do you want them, boss? " Emmett asked Alice.

"On either side of the aisle." Alice says as Rosalie walks past behind Emmett carrying a fat tree stump.

"What aisle? " Rosalie asked.

"Does no one have vision?" Alice shouted walking away as soon as she was gone I take off my shoes or death traps as I like to call them and puts my converse back on. I look up into a window in the house and look at Edward who is watching his family get everything set up for the wedding. Before Alice blocks my line of vision.

"You, go home and get lots of beauty sleep. That's an order."

"Okay." I smiled hugging Alice before leaving to go home.

*time skip to Bellas house*

I walk over to my bed and look at the dreamcatcher that Jacob gave me, that is hanging on the headboard. Edward appears behind me. I turn around and face him.

"I was just checking for cold feet." Edward spoke grabbing my hands.

"Well, mine are toasty warm." I smiled as I sat down on my bed.

"It's not too late to change your mind."

"What? Now you're not having second thoughts? You are?"

"No, I've been waiting a century to marry you, Miss Swan."

"But?"

"I haven't told you everything about myself."

"What? You're not a virgin?" Edward chuckles "Look, you can't scare me away now." I assured.

"Look, a few years after Carlisle created me, I rebelled against him. I resented him for curbing my appetite. And so for a while, I went off on my own. I wanted to know how it felt to hunt. To taste human blood. All the men I killed were monsters. And so was I." He spoke explaining all about his past.

"Edward, they were all murderers. You probably saved more lives than you took."

"Bella, that's what I told myself. But they were all human beings. I looked into their eyes as they died and I saw who I was, and what I was capable of."

"And what I'll be capable of. Why are you telling me this tonight? Did you really think this was gonna change my mind about you?"

"I just wondered if it would change your mind about yourself, and who you wanna see when you look in the mirror a year from now."

"I know I can do this. Let me tell you why. Because you did. You should give yourself some credit for that. Now, hopefully, a year from now, I'm gonna look in the mirror and see someone like you. I mean, someone capable of courage and sacrifice and love." I spoke before kissing Edward stopping once I hear a noise outside my window.

"What is that?"

"I'm late for my bachelor party." He smirked as Emmett jumps up to the window.

"Send him out, Bella, or we're coming in after him." Emmett chuckles before he jumps down from the window.

"So, this party. Will there be strippers?"

"No, just a couple of mountain lions. Maybe a few bears." He said as Jasper jumps up to the window.

"Don't worry, Bella, we'll give him back in plenty of time."

" Okay, go, before they break my house."

"I'll meet you at the altar."  Edward commented about to jump out the window

"I'll be the one in white." I say.

"That was very convincing." Edward said causing me to laugh. Edward jumps out the window. I look out the window. Emmett, Jasper, and Edward laugh and then run off. I walk away from the window and go over to the boxes in my room.

"Honey I'm home" I hear somebody yell downstairs. I walk down stairs and see cousin my Ruby.

"Ruby" I scream running to hug her.

"Ruby's back" she sang hugging me back.

"Did you miss me?" She asked.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too. So tell me about Edward" Ruby giggled pulling away from the hug.

"He's perfect"

"He does know if he hurts you I will kill him, right?" Ruby asked.

"Sure Ruby. You dangerous thing you." I laughed.

"Wait! What are you still doing up? You need beauty sleep. Tomorrow has to be perfect. Go" Ruby examined hurriedly.

"You sound like Alice" I grumbled.

"Well Alice must be smart. Now go"

"Okay, okay I'm going" I laughed, holding my hands up in defeat walking to my room hearing Ruby giggle behind me. Once I'm in my room I walk over to the bed get into it and turn off the lamp right beside my bed, lay down and start drifting off to sleep.