Chapter 1

You sat in your seat with a sigh, you had been researching for hours now, only to turn up nothing about the 20th wards binge eater. You had been assigned to this case a little over a week ago, and you had yet to turn up any leads.

This was a that was of the utmost importance due to the fact that the binge eater had eaten so many people that it had some people panicking. You had a responsibility to the people, and your squad to help find information on the ghoul.

"Y/n-chan, don't get so discouraged! I am sure that we will be able to find some sort of information on the binge eater soon, so don't worry about it too much!" You looked over to see your squad member and friend  Rae. She was a petite girl, with blue hair, and stunning green eyes. She was always there to encourage the entire team, and you were proud to call her a close friend of yours.

"But Rae, if we don't find the binge eater soon..."

"Oh hush Y/n everything will be fine, just you wait!" She gave you a bright closed-eyed smile.  Rae had been on your squad since you had become a squad leader, she was always there to give a word of encouragement to anyone who needed it. Although if someone was being an ass well... she would totally change personalities. 

"Oi Y/n you got anything on the binge eater yet?!"  You looked over to see Yuki. He tended to be a smart ass. you had to admit he was kind of cute with his blue eyes and brown hair, and a babyface, but his personality ruined any hope of him being even the slightest bit attractive to you.

"No, not yet-" 

"What do you mean not yet?! We have had this case for over a week now!" 

You let out a groan, you knew where this was going to lead, Rae and Yuki would have a fight. You could already see the fire in her green eyes. You were about to tell him to shut up and do his own work but Rae cut you off.

"Yuki stop being a little bitch, you haven't found anything either, so why don't you just shut the fuck up." You put your head on the desk in front of you, you did not have time to deal with these two fighting.

"Oh yeah, shorty, why don't you go back to the daycare since you obviously can't do anything here."

"Oh is someone jealous, because I am a second class investigator and you are only a third class investigator, oh poor baby~"

"Why you bit-"

"Both of you shut up!" You stood up from your desk glaring at the two of them who had now given you more stress, on top of what you already had from this case. You loved each member of your squad like they were apart of your family, but god they could drive you nuts sometimes. Not to mention the fact that they pretty much always fought like this; you swore that they couldn't be in the same room for five minutes without having an argument.

"Seriously can you two not go five minutes without fighting, and I know we have had this case for over a week now goddammit, and maybe instead of fighting like cats and dogs the two of you could get back to work so we can close this case god damn it!" Yuki glared at you before walking away, and mumbling thinking that you couldn't hear what he said.

"Stupid brat all cocky because they are Arima's kid." You turned your head at him and glared at him. This wasn't the first time someone had said something like this to you, in fact, many people thought because of how young you were the only reason you were where you were was due to Arima's influence, and this pissed you off.

It was true that as a child Arima had taught you the basics, and would help you here and there, but he was not the one who went through the academy for you or gone on all of those missions that made you a first rank investigator, and a squad leader so early on. In fact, people expected you to be as great as Arima, or even better than him.  It put a lot of pressure, and stress for you to work hard, and before you knew it you were already a rank one investigator.

Finally, another day at work had ended, and you let out a sigh. You had found no leads for the binge eater case, not even a shred of one a lead. You slowly packed up your things and started heading to your apartment. 

The streets were dark, only several lights lit the way to your apartment. It was kind of far from the office but the rent was cheap and the neighbors were kind. Your father Arima didn't really like that you lived so far away from the CCG building, but you had managed to convince him that you would be fine living on your own.

Despite him acting somewhat cold to people, he was always a kind and loving father towards you. You knew that he worried about you living on your own, but he also knew that you wanted to at least be a little bit independent. So you got to live on your own, it was quite different than living with Arima, but you enjoyed it.

You continued down the dark street, and you once again began to think about the case. Why was it that there weren't any leads? Usually, there would be at least one, but none have come up. This puzzled you, and you continued to think about it until your thoughts were interrupted by a loud scream.

You ran towards the scream as fast as your legs would carry you. Your silver quinque case moving with you as you booked it towards the sound. You turned the corner and were met with a purple-haired female ghoul, trying to eat a boy who looked to be about your age. You unleashed your sword-shaped quinque and charged the ghoul shouting.

"Stop right there!" You went in for a strike but the ghoul managed to move quickly enough to only get out of it with a scratch.

"What do we have here? A kid investigator? This must be a joke, although you do smell delicious, perhaps I should eat you as well." You narrowly dodged her kagune as she tried to thrust one through your body. 

All you could do was dodge, and look for an opening. This ghoul was most likely an S to SS rated ghoul, and it was dangerous for you to be fighting her alone, but there was nothing you could do. You had no time to call for backup or anything so you had no choice but to fight her alone.

You managed to take a peek at the student from before, he was propped up against a nearby building and seemed to be bleeding badly. You had to finish this quickly, in order to be able to get him medical attention.

But in the split second, you had taken a peak, one of her rinkaku kagune wrapped tightly around your leg and lifted you into the air upside down. You tried to cut yourself free using your quinque, but as soon as your quinque touched the kagune, it shattered. You now looked up at the ghoul with fear in your eyes. You had no way to defend yourself while you were hanging upside down, and you watched as those black and red eyes came closer to you.

"Now that is a nice expression, let's see if we can make it better shall we." You felt something pierce your abdomen, the feeling of your flesh being ripped apart made you let out a loud scream. You could feel the warm liquid freely flowing from the wound and the pain that came with it. She tossed you over by the boy, you hit the wall and hear a sickening thud, you were sure that you now had some broken ribs, and your body felt limp as you watched the female ghoul stalk towards the two of you.

You could hear the boy's shallow breaths beside you, as each step brought her closer to the two of you. You looked over and saw that he was barely hanging on to consciousness, and you could feel yourself slipping into the unconscious realm. You wished with all your might that he would fall unconscious before the ghoul began to devour him, to save him from the horrible pain of being eaten alive.  

Snap!

You watched steel beams crash into the female ghoul in front of you. She let out a shrill scream as they crashed into her body. You couldn't really care right now as your vision was blackening, and all you could hear were sirens in the distance as you fell unconscious.