Chapter 6

You made some coffee for both you, and Arima. Arima was sitting silently watching you as you made the coffee, and you could hear you own heartbeat in your ears.  You would be lying to yourself if you said you weren't scared of telling Arima, but you had already made your decision and you were not going to back out on it now, and besides it was bound to be discovered sooner or later.

You set the coffee cup down on the table in front of Arima while you still held yours, and you sat down, briefly taking in the scent to calm your nerves.  You took a deep breath, and then began to explain to Arima the situation. He sat there his expression never once changing, and you could feel tears building up in your eyes.

"...I understand if you want to terminate me right now...in fact your the only one I want to entrust to this job, father so please if you're going to kill me please do it quickly..." You trailed off you had told him the lie that you had told Kaneki you were going to tell him and he seemed to believe it.  You continued to look down at the ground waiting for what you expected Arima to do.

"I won't do that..." You quickly looked up at Arima in shock, his eyes were softened and this was something that you normally wouldn't see from him. You knew that he wasn't always cold, and in fact he was quite a caring and loving father to you growing up, but now that you were a ghoul you weren't sure that he would see you the same way.

"Y/n you are my child, and I have raised you since the first day I found you. I love you too much to ever think about killing you. Now we will have to discuss about whether or not you wish to leave the CCG I will understand if you would want to, given the fact that you are a ghoul and may be killed on sight now if anyone finds out."

"I am not sure what I want to do yet, I am really confused and frustrated with my whole situation, not to mention I am hungry but human food doesn't do anything for me and will make me sick instead." Arima nodded his head at you, understanding that for a ghoul they can not eat human food, and can only sustain themselves on human flesh.

"I understand, I can get you what the ghouls eat at Cochlea, though I am afraid you may go mad on it after a while due to what it is made of, but is the best option I don't want you killing humans, so unless you can find another way to eat without hurting anybody."

"Alright." You said while nodding your head, you knew that it was the best option for you right now, and you didn't go against it. Arima was your father and you knew if it got to far he would kill you himself. "But promise me if I go completely mad and there is no bringing me back that you will be the one to kill me."

"Of course."