The Attack

A few weeks had passed by already, I was loving YouTube and I was earning a decent amount of money, I would say I could move out soon.

Simon's mum fell sick, like really sick so we took his dog Herby into our care until she got better, and he's been great, he's getting me out more.

"Simon, I'm gonna go walk Herby, want anything from the shop?" I asked him.

"Um, strawberry Ribena please. You sure you want to go out at this time? Its like 11pm Cody" He said showing me the time.

"Its not fair on Herby and I wanna go out, catch some fresh air" I replied.

"Aight, make sure you call me when you get to the shop, don't want any harms coming your way" He gave a faint smile.

"I will, see you later, Love" I replied before heading out the door.

I put my hood up and left the tower. The streets were quiet, dormant almost. I noticed a group of boys approaching me, I couldn't cross the road either so I had to face them.

I tried to squeeze past them but they blocked every step I tried to make.

"Where you off to at this time of the night?" One of them said, I felt intimidated.

"To the shop" I said quite bluntly.

"No need to be rude, darlin'"

The way he said darling sounded different, his cockney accent was so strong but when he said darling it changed. They continued to ramble on which made me notice stuff about them, I saw familiar wires come from their pockets and the earrings look strange.

"Oi! You listening?! Get me a fuckin' drink or you're dead" He threatened, spitting his words which caused me to look to the side.

As I turned my head I noticed reflections approaching behind me, it was two men. These guys weren't thugs, they were cops, the government was on me again.

I zoned out again and felt a hand grab my wrist. I went into commando mode and twisted his arm and threw him over my shoulder. The other guy wrapped his arm around my neck and put me in a chokehold as the fallen man got up, I kicked off of the guys chest sending me and the other guy through the shop window. The glass shattered everywhere and bullets flew from the men that were approaching. I got up as quick as I could, grabbing Herby and running as fast as could as the men approached me. I ran down an alleyway and climbed a ladder with Herby over my shoulder, I heard a gun fire and I felt immense pain run through my body as I felt my wounded leg. I pulled myself up the ladder ignoring the pain, I hobbled along picking up pace as I approached the rooftop end. I started full sprinting before launching myself off the roof.

"AIDAN!" I screamed, wrapping my upper body around Herby.

I felt the ground at my feet but not feeling so much of the pain in my knees. I heard the bullets again, I got up with Herby and sprinted away to a corner.

I slid down the wall after checking the coast was clear.

"Aidan- I need you bud, I know you're not as strong as you were, but I'm begging you" I sniffled.

I felt the bullet slowly get pulled out of my leg and the gaping wound start to close, I felt my head fall dizzy and my nose start to bleed, but I had healed.

I pulled myself up and picked up the petrified Herby, he was shaking in my arms the poor guy. 

I still had a slight limp in my leg, although my wound was healed the tissue inside was still slightly damaged.

I hobbled along the pathway and walked into a random shop and grabbed Simon a strawberry Ribena and myself a Litre bottle of KA, I needed it.

I made my way all the way home and twisted the lock through the door, Herby ran as fast as he could to his bed, alerting Simon. His attention turned to me and her furrowed his brow.

"Cody what happened you?" He said in confusion.

I had to lie, I couldn't have him knowing the truth.

"A fox happened" I said quickly "It chased me and Herby" I lied.

"Is that why your face is all cut up and you have glass in your hair and on your jacket" he said putting his hands on his hip.

I froze.

"Cody, you can tell me what happened" he said, grabbing my arms and trying to catch my eye contact.

I didn't look at him I just focused on the whimper that Herby started to make. I had to think fast.

"Herby?" Simon said making steps towards Herby's bed.

I felt Aidan make a move, he tapped into Herby's mind and forced him to calm. I felt the warm red liquid start to trickle out of my nose, I wiped it away and quickly left to my bathroom.

"Cody! Cody!" Simon shouted after me.

I slammed the door and locked it so he couldn't get in.

"Nothing happened okay! The fox chased us and I fell on some broken glass, you may want to check Herby's paws because he may have stepped in it." I lied again.

I heard his hands slide off the door and his footsteps head away.

----

I walked out of the shower and into the room to see Simon at the island smiling at his phone. I didn't say anything to him I just continued to pour myself some KA.

"Cod-"

"Don't" I said cutting him off "I'm not listening to your accusations anymore"

"No! It's not that! You just-"

"Just what?!"

"You have bruises on your back" he said sympathetically.

I twisted and turned trying to see the bruise but had no luck.

"Here, I'll help" Simon said getting up from his chair.

He introduced is luke warm hands to my back, then dragged his hand over gently prodding.

"Ah!" I hissed.

"Yeah, its right there, it's this big" he said tracing his finger in a circle of where the bruise was.

"It's just my iron deficiency, nothing to worry about" I lied again and gave him a fake smile.

As I headed to my room I started to realise what I had done, I had lied to Simon so many times in one night, if he found out I don't know how he would take it.