~Cuddles~ Prompto Argentum X Reader

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

Sometimes I question what Noctis's group decides to do every mission I participate in. Either his group takes on these crazy monsters of the unknown or a crazy person attacks us. But now, this mission was crazier than ever. We were assigned to hunt some daemons for a fair amount of gil, but the worst part was that it was raining. As I know, all they wore was black and most of them didn't have sleeves, so I think you know how this ends.

Noctis looked as if he was fine, but I knew deep down he was absolutely freezing. Ignis kept a strong facade, and it was quite believable that he wasn't fazed by the rain at all. Gladio was self-explanitory, nothing ever fazes that man. And Prompto, poor guy, he's been shaking and shivering ever since it began to drizzle. I was hugging my torso to try and bring warmth near my body, but of course due to the fact I get cold easily I was shivering. Why didn't they think about bringing jackets or something? Well, I can't argue now. With the moon peeking through the darkened clouds, Gladio remained vigilant as Ignis made sure everyone was in a managable condition.

"Is everyone alright?" He asked, making Prompto let out a sarcastic laugh.

"P-Perfectly fine! N-Not freezing to an i-ice-pop h-here!" Prompto stuttered.

"Makes sense," Gladio chuckled, "Prompto's barely hanging on."

"When are the daemons showing up? Don't they appear in the night?" I asked in an attempt to regain focus.

"They're nearby the fields. Don't worry, camp's not that far anyways." Noctis cleared.

As we continued walking through the fields, it made me remember how I managed to make their group in the first place. I've been good friends with Noctis and Prompto at our school, but when they were assigned their mission Noct decided to bring me along since I wouldn't really have anyone to be with when they were gone. Since I also study in herbology, I know how to use medicine and my magic is mostly based off of healing. Noctis also thought it would be nice for Prompto to talk to me since he knew that I may have feelings for the blonde, and he eventually told Ignis and Gladio. I shook my head at the memory, hearing something rip from the surfae of the land as I snapped back into reality.

"Oh man...We got company!" Prompto exclaimed.

"Alright, be careful, everyone! We take this daemon out and we're done for the night!" Ignis ordered.

"Ugh, warm bed and soup here I come!" I yelled before summoning my bow and arrow.

We then took our battle positions, Noctis and Gladio on the left, Ignis in the middle, and Prompto and I on the right. The daemon growled, taking it's hideous form as it grew bigger, shaking the land with each step it took. I growled in focus, shooting a fire arrow towards it as the daemon took minimum damage. Unluckily, I drew it's attention towards us as it's sword came plunging towards us. I screamed in fear, Prompto being pulled away just in time by Gladio as Noctis literally warped and pushed me away to deflect and parry the attack.

"Hey! I can handle myself, ya know?!" Prompto yelled.

"Yeah! Prompto and I were fine-"

"We don't want you getting hurt, it's too risky!" Ignis screamed before dodging another attack.

"Besdies, you're our sharpshooter and healer-," Gladio paused to strike the daemon.

"If you two went down, we'd all be dead!" Noctis finished to land another attack.

Prompto grumbled, summoning his revolver before dashing to find cover as I soon followed him. We knew they didn't really need us...

~Le Timeskip~

It wasn't long before we eventually finished off the daemon, earning a good amount of gil and food so it all seemed worth it in the end. The only problem was that the whole team was soaking wet and extremely cold. Ignis set up camp underneath a wide cavern so that we could take shade from the rain, and lucky enough he found some spare blankets left from the Regalia. And even better, our casual clothes were packed as well. Ignis, Gladio, and Noctis were outside, sitting on the chairs wrapped in blankets as they slurped down the cup o' noodles they had in stock. I was in a seperate tent, listening to my music from my MP3 player as I sighed.

Before long my tent zipper slid down, revealing shining steel azure orbs and a warm smile as he chuckled softly.

"Aren't you a bit cold in there, (Y/N)?" Prompto asked, making me smile tiredly before taking off my earphones to listen to him.

"Just a little, but I'll manage. How about you, Prompto?" I asked.

He laughed softly before shaking his head, although I could see his body clearly shaking from the bitter cold aa I shook my head at his shyness. I sighed softly, scooting next to him before laying beside where he was.

"Come on, Prompto. You're tired and cold, might as well become portable heaters while we can." I suggested.

His eyes widened softly before a soft glow of crimson covered his cheeks as I was too tired to even be embarrassed. He nodded stiffly in reply, laying next to me as he made sure to drape the covers over us as I hummed at the warmth. He coughed awkwardly, averting his eyes from me as I couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness. He always wants to appear confident and dominate, but he can get flustered easily and it's always adorable. It began to get slightly colder as time passed by, making me groan before wrapping my arms around his torso and pressing myself to his chest.

He sucked in his breath, his body becoming oddly warmer than before as I smiled softly at his reaction before nuzzling my face into his chest.

"Prompy...it's alright. We're freezing, it's totally undetstandable..." I whispered, making him chuckle nervously befote wrapping his arms around my waist.

"O-Okay, i-if you say so. I-I just don't want to make you uncomfortable is all." He stuttered.

As the feeling to sleep was taking over, my eyes began to droop down as I felt his hold around me tighten before he buried his face in the crook of my neck. I couldn't think straight, earning myself to press my lips against his chin gently before smiling softly.

"We should do this more often, Prompto...Your cuddles...are the best..." I trailed off.

"Uh-I-Um, y-yeah! I-I can say the same." He chuckled embarrassingly.

With my vision darkening, I giggled quietly before whispering out,

"I love you, Prompy..."

And I swore I could feel his chuckle against my neck before I slept to his words,

"And I love you more, my dork."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM THIS GAME! Oh my gods, I might get it for Christmas and I'M JUST IN LOVE WITH PROMPTO DON'T MIND ME! I can't wait to play, and honestly I love them all too much T-T

Anyways, I'll see you in the next one! Bai!~

-Izzy-chan

(~^I want to ride my chocobo all day!^~)