Dan, let me help.

Phil

My eyes rolled around as I woke up and tried to focus on the room around me. It wasn't long before my body woke up as well and resumed it's shaking. I groaned hoarsely and sat up, readjusting my blankets.

I glanced over to Dan's empty sofa crease. His laptop still sat open on the cushion. It was on the same screen Dan had left it on before going out to Tesco. I furrowed my eyebrows in wonder. I heard running water in a distant part of the flat. Figuring Dan must be in the shower, I sighed and pulled out my phone, wondering what the internet was up to.

I was surprised to see the time. It was nearly 8:00pm. I had slept for nearly 3 hours. However, I was even more shocked to see all of my notifications. I was usually accustomed to a large amount of tweets and comments. But something about the comments gave me an uneasy feeling. I scrolled down my lock screen seeing hundreds of comments like-

That asshole!
Is Dan okay?!
Where's Phil?
Is he bleeding?
Wait, what did he just say?!
Phil, is Dan okay?!
I hope Dan's okay, but I knew it!!!!
Why did those men do that!?
YOU TELL THEM DAN!!

I slid my phone open to be greeted with a video that all the comments were about.
The cover screen was of a young girl with blonde hair and brown eyes smiling brightly at the camera.
I pressed play nervously.

"Okay, just, get my face in the frame" she spoke to the person holding the camera, "Oh my god, I just met Danisnotonfire!" She squealed excitedly with an American accent, "I was just walking down the street and I saw this really tall person and it was him!!"

I recognized the street corner where she was filming. It was right next to the Tesco. Just a few blocks from the flat. I even saw Dan in the background. He was talking to a very muscular man I didn't recognize.
Suddenly the man shoved him backwards. I gasped out loud as Dan fell hard onto the ground.
"Oh hell, Chels-" the girl behind the camera gasped, "isn't that him?"

The blonde girl whipped around to see Dan getting up off the ground, two men laughing at him. She gasped and began walking towards him. The camera girl followed at a distance.
Soon you could hear what the men were saying to Dan.
"Hey! Get away from him!" The girl called out. Dan turned to look at her, worry filling his eyes. "Dan, are you okay?" she asked, getting closer.

    "I-I'm fine, Chelsea. Please stay back." Dan warned.

    "Is this your daughter then?" A different man near Dan laughed.

    "Leave her out of this." Dan said, standing up, the grocery bag swinging from his left hand.

    "Sorry you've got such an awful parent." The first man sneered at the blonde girl. Dan stepped in front of the man.

    "Didn't you hear me?" Dan demanded.

The man gave Dan a horribly angry look. He glanced at the other man and tilted his head, grinning.

Suddenly, the second man shoved Dan from the side, sending him slamming into a brick wall.

Crack!

There was blood.
I jumped off the couch, dropping my phone.
I ran out of the room. I stepped in a damp spot on the carpet and looked down to see a bowl laying upside down on the carpet. Soup soaking into the floor.
"Dan?!" I called, rushing through the hall. He wasn't in his bedroom. He wasn't in mine. I shook my head, trying to forget the images I had just seen of Dan being beaten up.
I stopped in front of the bathroom, where I heard running water. I tried the handle. Locked.
"Dan, answer me, are you alright?!" I knocked on the door.
"I'm fine." His voice was muffled by the sound of the water, "just...I'm fine.."
I looked down. No light was coming from the bathroom.
"Dan, I saw the- you're hurt. Let me help."
I heard Dan groan weakly.
"I'm fine. Just... not now, Adrian. Please."
My heart sped up. I knew the impact with the wall might have given him a concussion. But the fact that he thought I was his younger brother had to mean something was terribly wrong with him.
I knocked on the door harder.
"Dan! Open up!" I said, trying to keep my voice calm.
"Stop hitting the door!" He cried.
I did what he said. I didn't want to irritate his head. I was just panicking.
"Okay. But you need to open the door. You're hurt." I said quietly.
There was a long pause.
My mind was racing. I couldn't believe this was happening. My head swirled and I remembered I was still sick. But I ignored it. Dan needed me now.
The water suddenly shut off.
I pressed close to the door.
"It won't stop." Dan said wearily.
"What won't stop, Dan?" I questioned.
"The blood. I wash it off and it comes back."
I drew in a sharp breath. This was bad. This was really bad.
"Dan, I can help if you open the door." I was shaking now. Partially from the cold, but mostly from the uncontrollable terror I felt.
The lock clicked and I jumped.
Slowly, I grabbed the cold handle with my shaking hand and opened the door.
As the door opened more, the more light shone through the bathroom.
Dan squinted. Blood was thick on his forehead.
"Adrian?" He whimpered.
I stepped towards him cautiously.
"Dan, it's me, Phil." I said in a low voice.
Dan took a step forward. He swayed dangerously, sticking his arms out trying to find balance. I grabbed one of them and pulled him close. I hugged him gently, trying to calm my breathing.
Dan's breathing was slow and shallow.
"..don't ..Adrian..." he spoke quietly, I almost missed what he said.
"We need to get you to hospital." I told him.
He didn't reply. His weight slowly lowered onto my shoulders as he went limp.