The Mermaid

It was still raining of course, and the wind hadn't ceased, but I honestly didn't care.

I was sitting down on a rock as I watched the blue beautiful ocean.

The smell of saltwater was so satisfying to me and I loved it.

That was why I loved the sea too. Everything about it was so calming.

I looked up at the sky, it was getting dark, but I didn't feel like going home yet, I guess I wasn't ready.

I put on my hoodie, the rain was getting stronger and I didn't want to get wet.

I got uo and walkd over to some rocks, I was now a bit nearer to the sea. It was so close I could stretch my hand and touch the cold water.

"It's even colder than before." I said taking my hand out of the water "And the weather has been changing drastically these last days.....I wonder why...."

I only looked up at the sky, it was still raining and it was already very dark too.

"I think I already calmed down.." I sighed. "I need to apologize to aunt when I get home."

I got up and shook slightly to get the sand off my shorts, but before I was able to leave, I felt a hand forcibly pulling me into the water.

"W-Wha the-?!"

The hand was pulling me deeper into the water and I couldn't breathe, I felt like I was going to drown, but suddenly I felt the hand loose its grip, letting me swim to the surface.

"Gah!" I was stil breathing heavily due to the lack of air, "Hah....Hah...."

I looked to the sides desperately but I saw no one. I may have thought I was dreaming but I wasn't. Someone or something was in there.

I climbed the rock and I looked down to see if that thing was still there. I really hoped it wasn't.

I watched silently if that thing was there but the water seemed to be calm, so I guess it might have been just an octopus. After all those live in rocks.

I was already leaving when I felt that thing pulling my leg again, but this time I didn't fel into the water, I just slipped and tripped on the rock.

"Ow!" I hit my head slightly, not much but it still hurt. "What the he-?!"

When I turned around I saw a head popping out of the water. Maybe it was just a litte kid playing me a bad joke.

"Hey you! Don't be a coward and come out of there!"

Before I could finish the kid climbed onto the rock as well.

"W-wha-"

I was shocked at what I saw first. That 'kid' wasn't actually one, it seemed to be someone who was about my age, but the thing that shocked me the most was the fact that that 'person' had a tail.

A fish tail.

'A mermaid?' I thought.

Maybe I was dreaming. I've never believed in mermaids.

"What are you?" I asked to the grey haired that was in front of me but there was no response.

Did he even understood what I said?

"Hey- can you talk?" I waved my hand in front of him but there still was not any response. Instead he grabbed my leg again, thinking he was going to pull me into the water.

Again.

But he didn't, he grabbed my foor and started touching it.

"Oi, what the hell are you doing?" I didn't even know why I asked that when I knew he wasn't even going to answer me.