Proposal (part one)

Request from @phanisreal222 . Wedding is in the next part :)
Gender neutral Reader

Okay, it's final. He was going to do this. No backing out, no last minute 'my animals are sick' excuses. Newt Scamander was really, really going to do it.

That wizard was going to propose to you.

That's what he was thinking as he stared at you across the room, smiling in your beautiful clothing and practically shining under the dim chrismas lights around the apartment. There's no changing his mind now. He was going to marry that gal over there, nothing could change that. Other than you saying no, of course.

Oh dear lord, what if you said no?

No backing out, Newton! He shook his head, as if taking out all the negative thoughts and only one thing left there, his goal.  Marrying you.

"Really?!" Queenie squealed, dropping her glass as she stared at Newt with a huge smile on her face, gleaming at the news that she was not supposed to hear.

"Oh my goodness, Queenie are you alright?" You quickly came over, a worried look on your features. Newt stayed silent, staring at Queenie, his mouth agape. Slightly agitated, mostly horrified. Queenie could never keep a secret.

This is it. This is how he dies, isn't it? At least he has you to take care of his monsters afterward. If you don't hate him too much that is. Ah, death, what a wonderful escape-

"Alright? I'm wonderful!" Queenie yelled, enveloping you into a big, warm hug which startled you enough to yelp, then laugh in confusion. Before you could ask, the blonde witch left you and grabbed Newt and Jacob by the arm, shoving them in the guest room.

---

"I can't believe it! What wonderful news!"

"Keep your mouth shut, please." Newt begged, his face going into his hands in agony. Jacob looked at his girlfriend in slight worry before she smacked his lips with a quick kiss.

"Newt and ____ are getting married!!"

"Could you keep your voice down at least-"

"Newt, is that true?! Oh my goodness!" His friend lighted up, heading over to hug the man in congradulations before Newt quickly stepped back.

"No! No, ___ and I are not..." He lowered his voice. "Getting married. At least not yet! Barely ten seconds after I had the thought I wanted to marry them Queenie is already thinking up seating arrangements!"

"I can't help it!" She whined, "It's just so exciting!"

"It is, dear," Jacob agreed, before slapping his hands together. "Alright Newt, so what ideas do you have for a ring?"

"I- I don't know," The wizard admitted. "I really just thought it up, I need more ti- Oh. Oh well that's just it!" Newt snapped his fingers as a thought dawned onto him, smiling over at his friends. "I'll make them a ring in my case."

"Oh?" Queenie raised her eyebrows.

"It's sentimental and personal, I like it." His friend nodded, and hit Newts back in encouragement. "And we'll help you with the proposal."

"While this all sounds very nice, my future partner in marriage (maybe) is waiting out there all alone and they loves to snoop."

"Right."

---

It's been weeks after that, and after very careful planning and late night visits to Queenie and Tina's apartment, the proposal was all set.