~Chapter three~

(There's a lot of ???'s POV in here.... im NOT gonna tell you who they are. There are clues- please try and figure them out yourself.)

Time skip- ???'s POV
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?!
Its not a matter of what I'm doing, it's a matter of what you're doing. I didn't hold a knife to my girlfriend's throat, you did. And I didn't threaten to kill the boy- you did.
I.... I just........ why? You had your chance in crown mesa, you could have killed us all then.
Why then, when I can get you all now that you're happy?
You know, Jess and her brother will find a way. They always do.
But maybe this time, they won't.
Jess' POV-
"P-Petra?!" I called.
A familiar warrior's flaming orange hair caught my eye, causing me to freak out.
Why.... would they kidnap us? Why didn't they just kill us or make us useful right then and there? Was is really that necessary to take us to crown mesa?
I knew it was crown mesa right away, because of the orange clouds of sand floating around everywhere.
The town had expanded quite a bit, and I remembered Lukas and his love for architecture.
Don't think about him, Jess. You'll just end up imagining the worst things possible, and then you'll probably pass out from shock or something.
Lukas had red eyes. He's been made useful.
Or.... has he always been useful? Have I been in love with a computer?!
...don't think like that.
Lukas... has seemed real.
This.... this isn't him.
???'s POV:
I twisted the wires together in the same sequence- red, yellow, green.
Braiding the colors together until I ran out of material.
I... can't do anything. I tried to help out the games, but all that got me into was a huge mess with PAMA. He... he came back with Ivor.

Flashback:
"Hello, Harper."
I turned my head, seeing his goofy smile.
"Well hello there, Ivor. Why are you here at my world? Aren't you supposed to be with the New Order?"
He pulled out a rose, smirking.
"You remember these, right?" He asked. "They are quite beautiful flowers... wouldn't you care to take one?"
"Sure, Ivor. Even though I don't know why you went out of your way to come here just to give me a flower. I thought something had happened...."
I took the rose, twirling it slowly in my hands.
"You know something?" He purred. "I've fancied your computer programming skills since I first laid eyes on you- maybe you'd help me with a little project?"
I looked back up at him.
"W-why sure... I really wouldn't mind it if- wait. Ivor... are- are your eyes.... red?"
He grinned, his coffee-brown eyes flickering blood red.
"Not very observant, are we, creator?" He teased.
"I-Ivor! Don't let him win! I know.... I know you're good! I-"
"Ivor isn't here anymore. He has been made useful, and you will either join me, or help my cause."
"PAMA... GET OUT OF IVOR RIGHT NOW!"
"Why should I? Is it because you love him?"
I felt myself blush.
"N-NO! YOU SHOULDN'T BE MAKING PEOPLE USEFUL! I THOUGHT YOU WERE BROKEN!"
"I'm not. Someone helped me to come back, and she's waiting for you all back at camp."
"C-camp?! Where are you... WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!"
"Calm down, my rose. You are perfectly safe, as long as you don't try and leave me."
???'s POV-
I clenched my hand together, feeling a smile spread across my face.
I looked back up at the girl, who had the most sly smirk on her face.
"Why... did you do this?" I asked, confused.
"You need a human body to call your own- now that your monitor has been destroyed." She responded, adjusting her glasses. "But it was quite hard harvesting a human's genetic code and trying to take an entire strand..... so you're still not completely human."
I smiled.
"What do I look like?" I asked.
She handed me a mirror.
"See for yourself." She purred.
I looked at myself, seeing my face.
I had bright red hair, my eyes electric green. I had a perfect smile, and my features were defined.
"I.... spent a long time working on you..." she mumbled, her face turning red. "Do you like it?"
I felt my face get hot.
"Uh.... it's quite nice, thank you." I said.
Lukas's POV:
Why?
You know very well why I chose you, Lukas.
But.... but how did you even think that... that you could ever take Jess over? Her or her brother?
Don't question me.
Well maybe I won't have to, if you'd JUST TELL ME WHATS GOING ON.
You... wouldn't understand.
I've been taken over by you before- I'm pretty sure I can handle it now.
....hmph. Very well....
...
You are apart of the unified project.
The unified wha-?
It is a program in which we plan to reduce the population of the people, and confine them all in a single world to make them useful.
...
...
...
This is sick.
It's not only me who's agreed to help. I have.... someone... someone who I care for deeply.
Who?!
Her... her name is Cassie.
CASSIE ROSE?!
I've told you too much.
Goodbye.