Chapter 17

Kuyper quickly realizing that Chase was running towards him, he lunged at him. Chase dodged to the side and delivered a sharp kick to his knee. He grunted and fell against hard wooden floor. He scrambled up, rubbing his arm, eyes full of hate.

His expression changed from loathing to amusement. Chase knew he had made a fatal mistake. He searched for something to grab, something to fight with, but the pain of his wound was making it difficult.

"Agent Matthews! Glad for you to join us". Kuyper noticed that he was leaning on the wall, his face in pain, as he held his Wound. He smirked deviously.

"I see me going after your kidney, didn't work, but at least you won't be able to stop me from killing Zoey". Kuyper said.

Chase was looking at Kuyper with rage, But Something toward the marble-topped counter caught his attention.

Zoey.

She was gaining conssiones. She sat herself up, touching the back of her head. She then looked back, where Kuyper was talking to Chase.

He was so focused looking at Zoey, that he didn't saw him coming towards him. Kuyper, suddenly pushed him against the wall, and his large hands were going for his throat.

Chase gasped and tried to get his hands off him, but he only squeezed harder. "I've had enough of this crap you bitch! You think your going to save her again!? You think she's going to get out of this one!?". Kuyper  yelled.

"Bastard!" He choked out.

With a sudden blast of strength, Kuyper slid out of his iron grip and brought his knee up. Chase squealed when she made contact with his wound.

"You like that Uh?". Kuyper asked him with a grin.

Zoey stumbled to her feet and dove toward the men. As Chase slid down the wall, Kuyper got on top of him, now landing a nasty punch to Chase's jaw. Zoey saw the blood pouring from Chase's nose and her heart thumped in fear. Ignoring the pain of her head, she grabbed a mallet from the counter, then staggered forward.

Kuyper was shouting "This is none of your business......". But he felt some footsteps coming toward him, so he turned and grabbed the Mallet that Zoey had on her hands. He stood up and took the Mallet out of her hands.

"What do You think you're doing?".

She took a step back. Her gaze darted around, searching for something she could grab on to, a weapon she could use against him.

She then saw the gun that was by the kitchen sink. She then looked back at Kuyper and without another word she rushed towards it. He ran after her and at the same time, both of them got to the gun.

"Give me it!". Kuyper pulled it from her hands, but she held on to it tightly.

"No! Your not going to hurt anyone else!". Zoey yelled as she pulled the gun towards her. But he was stronger. He got the gun out of her hands and she stumbled back bending her ankle

He smiled and pointed the gun towards her.

"This is not how I planned to kill you, but I guess this is the same thing". Kuyper chucked.

"Okay! You want to kill me!? Then go ahead! I'm right here! Pull the trigger!". Zoey yelled as she closed her eyes. She waited for the bullet to painfully go through her. The bullet that was going to kill her for good, just to save Chase. But the only thing she heard was a grunt, and a person falling by her feet.

She open her eyes and saw Chase standing above Kuyper. He dropped the broom stick on hand and with the other was putting pressure into her wound. He looked as he was about to pass out and he almost did as he dropped to the floor.

There was a deafening silence, Zoey went to him and knelt beside him. "Chase! Are you okay?" she burst out, helping him raise himself up. "Oh, God. Did you kill him?"

Wiping his bloody nose with his arm, Chase placed his other hand on Kuyper's throat and checked for a pulse. "No. He's alive."

With a groan, Chase took his hand off his wound and both of them saw that he was bleeding out. She noticed that his breathing was becoming weaker and weaker.

"Chase, let me help you....". Zoey ran to the sink and grabbed the curtain. She then went back to Chase and wrapped it around him, covering his wound. She did a knot to keep pressured on it, making Chase groan.

"I'm sorry". She apologized. She then began stroking his hair back.

"It's all right," he said softly. "You're all right now. That's what matters." Chase told her.

His green eyes slowly fading away.... His life was slipping out her hands........ She was losing him.

"Promise me........ That you'll never...... Put yourself in danger again........ I don't want to lose you........ Ever". Chase told her and she wiped a tear off her eyes.

"I won't, but you need to hang on. I don't want to lose you either". Zoey heard the police sirens as well as the ambulance.

"Help is here! Hang on Chase!". Zoey shouted as Chase closed his eyes fainting.

The door burst open and agent Barrett burst in with dozen of police men behind him revising the crime scene. The paramedics came in with a gurney and quickly approached Chase and Zoey.

Michael who was knelt down trying to get a pulse from Chase looked up at the paramedics and nodded. They began to place him on the gurney.

He turned to see Zoey.

"I need you to come with me and testify". Michael told her.

"But-". Zoey saw that Chase was taken outside and into the ambulance.

"After you finish, I'll take you to the hospital, but first we need to get this over with first". Michael grabbed her gently by the arm and guided her outside of the house. It was raning, Michael opened his umbrella and leaded her to his police car.