Six

Julian:

My mind was on a high, everything I saw was darkness, a mix of gray and black then I opened my eyes. I was on the floor in my room. I sat up, groaning in pain and stood up, feeling heavy weight on my chest.

I rubbed my eyes and peered up at Emma's sword Cortana, I has found it at the beach a few weeks ago while I went for a stroll, it looked as if acid was poured on the sheath but the sword itself was fine. I was fine until I remembered everything. Emma.

I glanced down at my shirt seeing Emma's hand print on the white tee. My shirt was on my bed almost instantly, my hand grazed the top of the shirt with the print, feeling the dried blood. Her blood.

I felt my heart jump when Mark entered the room like he did every morning and I heard him say to himself under his breath, "where did Julian go now." I gaped at his comment, watching him trying to find me.

"Mark," I said, "I'm right here." He didn't even flinched I spoke. Mark walked right passed me and I thought this was some practical joke.

"Mark," I said once again, trying to grab his attention. I went to go grab his shoulder but my hand did nothing, I couldn't even grab him, it was weird, I can't even explain it.

I watched him look for me, after about a few more rooms, Mark looked panicked. I saw him knock on Cristina's door and mutter something and she nodded, closing her door and they looked through more rooms and Mark looked more and more anxious, trying to find me. I kept repeating his name but he wouldn't even look at me, wouldn't even make eye contact.

I got frustrated enough I went into Emma's room and fell onto her bed, soaking up her still present smell and I tried to fall asleep but I couldn't. My body simply wouldn't.

I heard Mark open Emma's room and peered around the room, probably seeing if I was moping around in her room. If I was Mark and I couldn't find me, I would instantly look in Emma's old room. Not old. Emma's room. Emma isn't dead, she must be stuck in the same parallel as me.

'You certainly pieced it together. ' I jumped when I heard the emotionless voice ring in my head. I glanced around Emma's room and saw no one. "Who's there?"

'I didn't want to bring you into this place but Emma made it hard.' I sat up on the bed and rubbed my eyes, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes but it didn't help much. "Is Emma alive?"

My heart beat louder and louder with anticipation, waiting for the voice to answer. I heard a faint voice, almost a whisper in my head. I ran out of Emma's room, swinging passed anyone, running towards the training room where I last felt Emma.

The voice had said only word. Yes. My heart was still beating by the time I saw the training room doors but I saw Ty and Kit talking or more like an argument in front of the doors.

"Look," Ty rudely said, "two people in my life have disappeared and you being in my business is just getting me distracted." Kit looked hurt by the remark but also did Ty.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that." Ty had softened up his face, putting his hand in Kit's shoulder. I rubbed my eyes once more. It did nothing. Kit nodded, turning away but Ty spoke again. "I just want to figure this out," Ty smiled while Kit turned back to hear what he was going to say. "If I don't figure this out, then you might go away and I don't want you to go away."