Thirteen

Kit

"Ty," my eyes flickered at Ty's wavy black hair from the back of his head. He wasn't facing me at this point as I sat and stared at him, waiting from him to talk to me. "Ty, talk to me please."

I saw him tense up quickly but then released with a deep exhale. His headphones were across on the room while we sat on his bed. It had been a few hours since Livvy went missing and he hadn't said a word or show any sign of emotion of his lost twin.

Julian, Emma and Cristina went out to search for her while Mark kept an eye on us. Julian, of all people, told me to make sure Ty was okay and to comfort him. I was mildly shock because I would assume something like that coming from Cristina.

I saw Ty inhale sharply as I shifted on his mattress, then all the sudden, he collapsed onto his pillow and rolled over to look at me. His grey eyes were intense as he glared at me and spoke, "I don't want to talk."

"Why not?"

"I only want to talk to Livvy." His voice came out stronger than the first. Sterner. Ty suddenly rolled over, facing the wall again as he closed his eyes. I could barely see anything but I saw his feathered eyelashes touching his cheek. His dark hair were in unusual patterns, beautiful patterns, crazy and intricate patterns. I wondered how soft his hair would be.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked, my eyes still planted on Ty, my mind racing on how he could be so... Intriguing.

Ty shook his head and cleared his throat and looked at me, his eyelashes making a sweeping motion. The way he opened his eyes were a mystery in itself. "I don't want to talk."

"You don't have to talk." I explained, giving a simple smile as tilted my head towards the pillow, "can I lay down too?" Ty looked at me intensely for a moment and then nodded his head lightly.

Ty flinched as I faced him and he faced me, suddenly Ty inhaled and said a string of words, "do you know where Livvy might be?"

I shook my head, still focusing my eyes onto his, letting him know he's alright. Unspoken words were left in the air. "I have no clue." I said as a smile emerged on Ty's face. I liked it when he smiled because he never smiles. I wish he would smile more often.

Ty sat up in the bed and look at me, "I have an idea."

"It would be great if you acknowledged what the idea is."

Ty began fumbling out of bed, climbing over me as well as accidentally hitting my thigh with his knee as I made an ah! sound. I sat up as I saw him searching through his bookcase and randomly grab out a book. "Sherklock Holmes."

"I mean he was a pretty neat dude... I think he was a real person." I answered the name Ty said as he just blinked at me and I spoke again, "can you tell me the elephant in the room?"

Ty blinked again, his eyelashes bouncing against his cheekbone, "there isn't elephant in the room." Ty said it as monotone as possible. If I was to be hearing that statement from a recording, I would assume it was computer generated.

"It's a -." I was lost on words as I tried to go back to eighth grade English vocabulary that was lost in the back of my mind.

"Idiom? Julian said people say weird things sometimes that mean other things. A secret code kind of." He replied as he held on tightly on the Sherklocks Holmes novel.

"Exactly." I replied, "it means that there is something not being spoken about in the moment. Like your idea."

"I don't think you used the idiom right, Kit." Ty glanced at his headphones and then back at me.

"I flunked English." I said.

"I think you speak it pretty good," Ty joked. I smiled a bit at his remark. "My idea is since you said you have no clue, let's find a clue."

"Julian, Emma and Cristina are doing that." I said as Ty walked straight out of his room. "Ty!" I whisper-shouted, following him as he walked as if he was walking on a cloud - as for me, I was stepping on every crickety part of the floorboard. I followed Ty downstairs and saw Mark talking to someone, we couldn't see who it was. Ty was focused on the situation at hand rather than who Mark was talking to.

A female voice aroused from the direction Mark was who sounded like an off Livvy and I immediately realized it was Dru. However, Ty looked at me with his big grey eyes that galaxies swirled within them but then scrunched his eyebrows as he realized it was Dru. My heart had a sudden pang in my chest, seeing that Ty thought it was Livvy.

"We need to go outside," he whispered at me and glanced at the front door on the institution.

"What if Julian and Emma come back?" I replied.

Ty's eyes dared at me. "Watson never questions Sherlock."

"Are you implying I'm Watson and shouldn't question your judgement?"

Ty nodded, giving me a flicker of a small smile. "Follow."

The next thing I knew, Ty was unlocking the front door and opening at, running out of the house, my feet quickly followed him as I shut the front door behind me silently.

"How are we suppose to find clues of where Livvy is?"

Ty never answered me, he just stared at me and then looked away. I had noticed then he wasn't holding his book as he began to walk in the direction where we last saw Livvy.

"Ty!" I grab his shoulder as his eyes go wide enough for me to take a step back. I saw the raw emotion unfold within his eyes as he blinked away it. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." I paused as he still looked at me.

And then for some reason, everything went big. My reality went through ten million different thoughts as Ty sat down outside, away from the sight of any window and began to cry. I was speechless for a few minutes as I sat down a few inches away from him. He didn't cry ugly or hard. His tears were as soft as he was - maybe as soft as his hands were.

A moment later, Ty looked up at me, his face was red when it was usually a porcelain white. Words began to come out of my mouth, "Do you need me to do anything?"

"Hold me." And I did exactly that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't updated this book since October.

AND

I HAVE 7.5K VIEWS??

I want to thank u guys so much! This is insane! I never thought any of my stories (including this fanfic of all things) would get this far!

I haven't been updating for a few reasons and it's because mainly:

School.

I haven't been on wattpad as much either.

Also, this story is OFFICALLY TWO YEARS OLD!! (Thirteen chapters in two years.... nice, I'm so active.)

I'm planning on updating this book to about 17-18 and ending it there because I'm sure Queen of Air and Darkness will be out. Anyway, Ty all you lovelies for voting, commenting a bunch for me to update and basically spamming my inbox for updates (I appericate ever message) I will be updating throughout the summer so don't worry! This story will be concluded by the end of August!

(I can't believe I started this at the end of eighth grade.... I'm almost a junior in high school whoa.)