Nine

Emma:

My breathing was heavy and landed on something soft and grainy, feeling everything aching all over. I sat up abruptly, looking at my surroundings. I was at the beach.

Cortana was laying upwards in the sand, I pulled it out and started limping back to the institution then suddenly remembered everything and ran back to the the training room to find Julian but no one was there.

Hunger stabbed my stomach, a feeling I haven't had in so long. Things weren't normal. I walked to Julian's room, still having that insufferable sharp pain in the side of my gut.

I pushed open his room, seeing Julian fast asleep, my heart leaped.

"Jules," my words caught in my throat, I let my voice be smooth and flow into his ears. I heard him swarm in his bed, beneath all the covers of his blankets.

I stepped inside the room fully, closing the door quietly behind him and proceeded to walk over to him, being cautious of each step.

What if he couldn't see me? Hear me? What if he just moved around in his bed because he can't sleep at night and is having one of those sleepless nights I used to comfort him in?

I don't even know where I am, I'm confused. So utterly confused because I'm here next to the man I am in love with and being without him breaks my soul everyday and I couldn't touch him for so long until a few hours ago and here he is, safe and all. And I'm pretty sure Annabel is messing with my mind but Julian is here and I can almost touch him and feel the softness burn holes in my skin.

So, I lightly touch his cheek, feeling the bursts of energy run through my fingers and throughout my whole body as he opens his perfect green-blue eyes and stared into my soul.

"Emma," he spoke, "what are you doing?" The words did more damage to me then a demon had ever did. "Why are you in my room?"

"Jules," I whispered softly to him as he sat up, combing his fingers through his hair. He looked different, more leaner then muscular, his face was thin and his lips were slightly bigger. Julian's hair didn't fall perfectly into place anymore, it toppled over to a side of his face.

He was still Julian but he wasn't at the same time.

"You haven't called me that name in years, not since my father died." I call him that almost everyday.

"Julian," I cried, "I call you that everyday." His eyes flickered with something, I couldn't quiet pin point it but it was something between happy and sad.

Jules had shifted in his bed then proceeding to talk, "Emma, you aren't suppose to be here, we haven't talked since my dad died because your parents didn't want to expose you to death"

My breath caught, "my parents are dead just like yours, ours both were killed when Sebastian took control of the mortal cup."

Julian interfered with my rant, "Sebastian killed my dad, your parents are alive, I mean they might be dead to you."

My voice became steady as I continued, "do you not remember anything that we did Jules? We killed Malcom Fade and Annabel Blackthorn took us from this world. What about Cristina and Mark?"

Julian murmured that Mark was still with the hunt and he never heard of a Cristina. He also added, "Malcom Fade isn't dead, he's sleeping in the guest room down the hall."

I didn't want to talk to Julian anymore, I couldn't without break something I didn't want to break his face. Jules said he was going back to sleep and he'll call my parents if I'm not out by morning.

This is not the world I knew so well, this was not my world.

I rushed down the hall with Cortana swinging it it's sheath as I opened the door to the guest room to see Malcom on the bed, he was shifted to the right of the bed and his hair barely fell over his forehead, he looked so peaceful, not harmful. But the one thing I've learned throughout this messed up journey for the last seven months is everything is harmful.

I bared my teeth and got into my fight position, unsheathing Cortana, feeling the wait to me as natural as it was to be next to Julian. I felt a small presence behind me, crying soft whispers, begging not to do it.

I turned around and saw Tavvy clutching his teddy bear under his right arm, his eyes pleaded. I placed Cortana on the ground and lightly cuffed Tavvy's face in my hands, wiping the tears forming on his eyes, smiling.

I had closed the door behind me so Malcom wouldn't wake up.

"Tavvy, this man is a bad man," he nodded and wiped the tears from his cheek with his pajama sleeve.

I told him to go to his room and not to come back out until I let him out and he ran down the institution's hallway towards his room.

Cortana laid against the door frame of the guest room, I grasped a firm grip around it then I felt a cold metal press against my throat, feeling the pain ooze from the cut already being started. "Drop it or I'll kill you."

I could remember that voice from anywhere, the complexity and soothingness of the voice.

I slightly turned my hair seeing a young man with blonde hair fall past his eyes as well as ears, the blue eye flickered towards me.

"Jace, it's Emma." I pleaded.

___________

JACE???!??!?!

lol im having fun playing with y'all

the next chapter is gonna be a filler chapter so dont expect something big & you'll like chapter eleven ;)))))))))))

comment vote & follow ig idk