Chapter 6

Nora's P.O.V
I flew up from the mattress, gasping for air. I covered my mouth as I tried not to cry loudly, sweat dripping down my forehead. I had a terrible nightmare, I couldn't help but to react this way. I actually felt like I was drowning again, it was so real, but in the dream it was much worse than what actually had happened. The door flew open and I saw a tall dark figure standing in front of it, breathing heavily. "Are you alright? I heard you crying, love?" I sniffled, wiping my tears suddenly embarrassed that he had to see me like this. He took the opportunity and sat down next to me. "What happened?" He whispered, rubbing my back. "You know you can tell me?" I nodded slowly, laying my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry for waking you up." I whispered. He shook his head, as we laid down, allowing him to hold me closely, almost spooning me. Well not almost, he was. "Tell me what happened love. I can make it better." He whispered, stroking my long black curly waves. "I-I had a nightmare." I hiccuped. "Shhh babe." He muttered, wiping my tears. A small smile crept onto my lips as I heard him use the word "babe". He called me babe. "Tell me, what was your dream about? That'll make you relax more, just getting it off your chest." He hummed against my ear. I closed my eyes, feeling relaxed already and nodded in response.

"Suddenly I felt like I could no longer breathe, it was terrible, like I was back in the water." I whispered, sighing. "But it was much worse than what happened earlier tonight, you didn't save me. I mean I didn't blame you. You were freaking out, didn't know what to do. You didn't get there in time but when you did you realized you couldn't swim. Meanwhile I-I was gasping for a-air and-" My voice cracked and I shot up again, the fear following me back. He lifted himself back up and wrapped his arms around my waist, before he could say anything to comfort me I continued. "It was horrible, terrible! I felt like I was screaming but no one could hear me, as all of the water filled my lungs. All I could do was gasp for air and scream but none of it worked, just made everything worse. Until, finally I was done. I watched myself die in a fucking dream." I cried quietly, not wanting to completely lose myself in front of him. He held me closer, for some reason it felt like he was trying to protect me. He wiped the rest of my tears and laid us back down. "I would never let that happen. I'll always be here to save you." He said reassuringly, and kissed my temple. I felt safe with him, in his arms like this. We slowly melted into each other's arms and eventually fell asleep.

Zayn's P.O.V
My eyes fluttered open, I smiled softly as i realized that we fell asleep like this. This was a weird feeling, I wasn't like this. I usually fucked and dumped. For some reason I can't stand commitment. It's nothing against relationships they just aren't for me. Maybe it was time to at least try though? Who knows, she could be the one. The door flying open snapped me out of my thoughts, making me jump up. "Hey sweetie! I came to visit!" My mum shouted. I groaned and rolled my eyes covering Nora, hoping that my mom didn't see her. All she did was raise a brow. "Who's that son? Another girl you've fucked?" She sighed. "I hate the way you treat girls! You are absolutely disrespectful! You're a disgrace! You've become a huge druggie-" "Mum we didn't have sex! Can you please be quiet, she's trying to sleep!" I groaned standing up, and pushed her out of my room. I glanced back to make sure Nora was still sleeping but her head popped up. "Do you want me to leave?" She mouthed. I shook my head and held up one finger, signaling that I only needed one minute. I quietly closed the door and sighed. "Mum, you need to warn me next time! You can't just run into my flat and start shouting at me! Telling me I'm a bloody disgrace!" She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "You are still my son-" "I do not live with you anymore!" I cut her off. She scoffed and looked up at me giving me the death glare, but quickly moved her gaze to Nora. I looked back to find her fully dressed, thank god. "I'll let myself out." She whispered, trying to walk past me but I caught her wrist. "No, we were just leaving. Let's move our date up to breakfast? If that's okay, love?" I muttered. She smiled looking up at me and slowly nodded. I looked back at my mom once more and rolled my eyes, leading Nora outside. "I'm really sorry about my mum, she's something else." I muttered, opening the door and getting into the car. She giggled and shrugged. "It's okay, just don't listen to her. You're not a disgrace." She whispered, resting her hand on mine. I smiled and looked in her direction. "Thank you." I moved the gear from park to drive, and began to speed up, driving away from my tan apartment.

Nora's P.O.V
I jumped out of the car and slammed the door shut. He smiled and opened the door for me. "Thank you." I blushed as we both walked inside IHOP. The waiter took us immediately and smirked looking Zayn up and down. "Come on sweetheart I'll get y'all a table." She bit her lip, swaying her hips as she walked and lead us to an empty booth. I felt my cheeks burn with pure jealousy. "Who is this sweetie? Your sister?" She giggled to herself and looked down at me as I sat down. I glared at Zayn then at the whore waiter. He chuckled, probably knowing I was jealous. "She's my date, ma'm.-" "Ew don't call me ma'm im only 21. Probably not much older than you." She winked. I groaned and went to get up so I could tell the bitch off but Zayn's eyes signaled for me to sit back down, Which I did. "May I please get another waiter? Someone who won't flirt with me in front of my date." He raised a brow while looking up with her. She scoffed and walked away, tapping another waiter on the shoulder, probably letting her know that she was now going to be serving us. He chuckled and now I had his undivided attention. That's how I liked it. His eyes were only on me and not on anyone else. "Do you know what you want?" He asked. I shrugged, not really wanting to order. I was too embarrassed to order first or to even order. I don't know, I don't really like eating in front of guys, it makes me feel like I'm eating messily or doing something wrong. He laughed softly. "How about I order for the both of us, and we'll see if you like it or not?" I nodded. "Sounds like a plan." He chuckled again as the new waiter came over. She was older, good. "We would like to share The Strawberry and banana pancakes please?" She nodded while scribbling down our order on the notepad. "Sure thing sweetie, and to drink?" He looked at me. "I want a coke." He nodded. "One water and one coke." She nodded and walked away. "You like strawberry and banana pancakes?" My eyes lit up as I asked the question. He laughed softly and nodded. "Of course! They're my favorite." I gasped. "They're my favorite too!" He laughed softly as his sparkling brown eyes met my green ones. "You're so cute." He spoke. I blushed looking down, brushing a piece of hair out of my face and behind my ear. "T-thanks."
"Okay sweetie's! Here's your pancakes!" The waiter smiled as she set down the plate of pancakes in front of both of us. He smiled at me and mouthed "anytime beautiful" in response to my thanks. I blushed as the waiter left. We both got one pancake, since there was only two, and began to dig in. "Tell me more about yourself? Where's your parents?" He looked up at me as he swallowed another piece of the pancake. I shrugged. "Let's not talk about my family. What else do you wanna know?" He bit down on his lip and shrugged. "Tell me more about the art? You said you liked art." I smiled and nodded. "Like I said, I'm totally in love with art. Love graffiti art, I love all art. I make everything. Paintings are so much fun for me. I'm actually doing shows now. My first one is on Friday." I smiled. "I really like that you're so interested in art, as am I. I've never found someone so connected to it, like I am. I feel like-" "It helps me get away from everything." We both said in unison. He smiled widely looking up at me as if he was in shock. I smiled and shrugged. "I get you. I feel it too." He smiled as we both finished with our food. He left the money on the table since the lady was taking way too long and grabbed my hand. "Shall we go?" He raised a brow. I smiled and nodded getting up. "Do you wanna go back to my place?" "I'd love to." I answered as we both walked outside. It was pouring, and we were parked far. "Shhitt!" He muttered and took off his jacket covering us both. "Run babe!" We both laughed and ran as fast as we possibly could, and after about maybe two minutes we arrived to our parking spot.