Ch. 5

Reader's POV

I sat at the roof of the castle, looking out to the forest. I should try and see if I can take a stroll. I was so intrigued by the scene I didn't sense the person behind me. "Boo!" Dark wrapped his arms around my figure, "It is quite relaxing is it not?" Seeing me doze of back into the trees, humming in response. I could never remembering being so... free... It was like breathing new air, or like having a dream. I had only orders and no freedom, once I was done with a mission I was sent to my chambers and to only come out again when I was useful.

"You really were cooped up weren't you." I jumped in shock, I know I was in awe but is it really that obvious? "You look at everything with eyes that fit an infant. Amazed that you can see the light that settles on trees. Admittingly, it is boring to most people and it was to me. Then, when you started living here, it's as if everything had gotten brighter. It is because you are in awe with everything that is an every day occurrence. The sun sets, you come here to see the shadows swallow the world, but then at sun rise, you come again to see the glow of gold hit the trees and then your skin. You found comfort knowing you can do this everyday, I can see it in your eyes."

I couldn't help but blush, 'Damn, I was more readable than I thought.' I laughed brushing off the small pink hue off my cheeks. "Really, I mean, I guess you can see all that. I have never had the time to do it before I guess." Smiling still facing the glowing trees, it is true that I got out to do missions and I could have done it then, but when you have someone that wants it done ASAP you can't take a relaxing stroll. Ghirahim never liked late work or useless trash and that was the only way to live. It was better to be beaten then to die by his hands...

"(Y/n)...?" I looked at Dark, how long have I spaced? "I was just thinking, you still seem bothered from your old Master. Do you mind telling me who it is now?" I looked at him bewildered, I mean yes, I think of my old Master from time to time, but it more to do with comparing life style.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark POV

"Well, you see... My old Master um, he is a demon lord... Demon Lord Ghirahim...." Blood boiled within me. That bastard was the one that wanted me dead? Yeah he is a prissy bitch, but he is not the only one with a high title and that's what bothers him. "Who else did he tell you to kill before me?" (Y/n) beautiful (e/c) orbs rested on the clouds as she laid down. "He claimed they were enemies planning something against him, but it was always a Duke or Duchess." As I thought."

"Hey Dark?" She called, I hummed in response. "Vio sent a letter saying he is coming over later." I already hid the piece so there's one thing I don't have to worry about. If he thinks he can plan something sly with (Y/n) he has another thing coming. We decided to take a nap and just take a break from everything. '(Y/n)... please...don't leave..me..' I thought as I drifted off to sleep with her at my side.