Chapter 13

Sasuke's POV

Hikari and I have been at Shisui's place for almost the whole day and we were on our way back home.

It was a silent walk none of us talking.

I opened the door and entered my house. The first thing I notice is Sakura on the couch. She seemed deep in though about something.

She looked up and gave me a small smile.

"Can I please talk to you Sasuke?" she asked. I nodded.

Hikari already started walking to our shared room. Once he was out of sight is when Sakura started talking.

"Umm... Naruto assigned me and a couple of others on a rescue mission... and I want to know if you know anything about it?" She asked barley above a whisper. I raised an eyebrow at her tone of voice.

"What?" I asked because I could barley hear her.

"I want to know if you know anything about this rescue mission that he's accompanying us in? Well Kiba and a couple others." She repeated herself a little louder.

So she finally found out huh?

"Yes." she seemed taken back with my answer.

"So you know about..." she couldn't finish her sentence for some reason, but I new what or I should say who she was talking about.

"Miyuki?" she nodded.

"She's alive aren't you happy?" I looked at her confused.

Why is she asking all these questions?

When I didn't answer her first question she moved on to her next.

"When she comes back you'll leave me won't you?" I was taken back by her question.

All I've wanted was for Miyuki to be by my side once more, but I've never thought about Sakura's feelings. Even though I didn't promise her anything she'd still get hurt. I sighed.

"Sakura, when you married me I told you that I would probably never like you more than a comrade, and yet you still wanted to marry me. Why did you want to marry me in the first place after all I've done?" I asked her.

"Because I've loved you for so long Sasuke, and I wanted to prove that to you by taking care of your kids as if they were my own, and acting as a loving wife. What you did is in the past. You're a better person than you were before, and no matter what happens I will always love you even if that love stays one sided." by now she was in tears.

"Why are you like this Sakura that's not a reason to cry." I've never been that good at comforting someone when they're crying.

After a couple seconds of silence she spoke.

"The reason I'm like this is because my life will change forever. The day she comes back I'll have to move out and Sarada and Hikari wouldn't call me their 'mom'. She'll take everything I care for away. She's always done that even since we were kids. I've always loved you and was sure of what I felt while she didn't. I tried my hardest to make you notice me back at the academy while all she had to do was look at you. Even when we brought you back. It had nothing to do with us but with her. I wished it was me you fell in love with, brought you back to the village and even made you happy. When she comes back she'll take you back without even trying because you love her." she said.

"Actually Sakura you're wrong, she would want me to stay with you." she stopped crying and looked at me in disbelief.

"W-what?" she whispered.