Good evening mr. Baggins

Bilbo's POV

I rushed hurriedly back and forth trying to save my house from the dwarves trashing it. They'd eaten all my food and wrecked my house ! I swear if another dwarves entered here I was kicking them all out !

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, disrupting my thoughts. I sighed in annoyance and went to it.

"I don't want anymore dwarves in my house ! Go! Shoo! " I yelled as I opened the door. I woman stood there. From her looks she looked about 16. She smiled sweetly at me.

She had vambraces on her arms, boots, elvish clothing that I had read was commonly warn by Rangers. Her cloak was a light brown and seemed to warn yet well looked after. She had weapons on her back and a small notebook gripped tightly in her hand. I finally looked up at her face. Her hair was some how messy yet respectable at the same time and her eyes were grey with a slight blue tint. Freckles spread lightly across her cheeks and my eyes stopped on a scar over her left eye.

She may have only been 16.... How could she have gotten a scar like that?

She raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Mr. Bagging isn't it? Is something wrong ? Am I at the wrong home ?" She asked politely.

"Umm.. no no not at all. Please come in" I said, moving so she could enter. She bent down slightly and entered. She smiled slightly and looks around. "You have a lovely home Mr. Baggins" she said.

"Please just call me bilbo" I told her. She nodded.

"May I ask your name?" I asked.

"Oh. Goheno nin. Lithônion" she said. I stared at her in confusion.

"Is something wrong bilbo?" She asked.

"You spoke in elvish to a non speaker my dear. She said 'my apologies. My name is ash'. She only learnt how to speak English fluently last year. She forgets sometimes " Gandalf said as he emerged from the room behind me. I looked at him.

"She's an elf ?" I asked. "Shh!" Gandalf ordered. "We don't want the dwarves to know.. they'll kick her out in an instant and at the moment she has nowhere to go" he finished.

I looked back at ash and saw her elf ears. I don't know how i didn't notice them before. She pulled her hair over them making them disappear.

I sighed and nodded as I watched ash put her bow and Quiver on the floor and hang up her cloak. She hid her small notebook in her quiver and walked to where the cheering came from. Gandalf followed her leaving me alone in my hallway.

Ash's POV

I slowly walked beside Gandalf towards the dwarves. They looked just like the other elves described. Short men with long beards and stoic faces. Yet I noticed some of them didn't have beards. Just stubble.

"Everyone !" Gandalf yelled getting their attention. They all looked at us. I heard a wolf whistle from someone and then the sound of them in pain and they were hit with an item. Probably a plate.

"Gandalf. Who is the girl ?" One asked. He had a streaks of silver in his dark hair and beard and seemed to be glaring at me constantly.

"This is ash. She will be joining us on our journey" Gandalf said smiling at me.

I smiled. "Why would you bring a defenceless child here to join us on a journey that could end in death ?" He asked.

"I amn't a child " I told him. He looked at me.

"Thorin stop. Ash is a skilled fighter. She has experience killing orcs, wargs and many other creatures of darkness. She saw smogs wrath and wishes to put an end to it " Gandalf told them, standing up for me.

"How would she have experience with that dragon ? We weren't even alive when that thing attacked " said another dwarf. He was blond and was sitting close to thorin.

"May grandfather was a survivor of dale. He'd take me to the city and describe how it once was. I don't wish for that to happen to any other place ever again.." I said. I was lying. Yet that was the only way I could do this.

"Fine. She can come. But if she dies it isn't my responsibility" thorin said, great he believed me.

"I amn't dying " I muttered. He glares at me shutting me up.

".. balin. Give her the contract. She can sign it just as our burglar has " thorin said. An old dwarf nodded and stood up. His hair and beard were long and white. His beard also seemed to split at the end. He handed me a long sheet of paper.

"There. Can you read lassy?" He asked me.

"Yes I can. But there's no need" I answered writing down my name and handing it back to him.

He smiled. "You are now a part of the company of thorin oakenshield. We welcome you "

Hey guys ! This is a new story so I hope you enjoy it ^^

Lil'nightfury