Chapter Eighteen

The quiet in the room was overpowering. The weight of the air pushed against my chest, thinking about the bite. I paid attention to her breathing as it drifted across my throat and I took it into my body.

"Tessa," I whispered, gazing at the floor, "will I?"

She nestled nearer to my throat, making out a soft warm sigh before she responded. I was anxious she would take another bite.

"Why?" she spoke softly, turning her head, "why, would it be so wrong if you did?"

My stomach twisted. An anxious thought, I would never again know my family. I was certain it showed up on my face. The tears starting to well up in my eyes.

She looked on at me, shaking her head. "don't be anxious. You will be fine."

She sounded disappointed, her eyes never leaving my face. I gazed at her, trying to see if she was telling a lie. But I couldn't.

"I guess maybe we should?"

"I am tired William." she said with a feeble smile.

"But..."

"Tomorrow." she answered, drawing a breath. She looked out of it as her eyes wandered away slowly shutting.

"All that I have learned and that you have said me." she added, dropping her head. She reached out taking my hand.

"I promise. tomorrow..." she looked at the bare floor.

How overwhelmed she must feel, having been asleep almost 1000 years. the advances that resulted.

"Okay," I whispered, letting out a sigh, "no hanky-panky." I raised my voice, turning my shoulders, popping my back, "and I mean it."

"Just a little." she murmured, raising her head, gazing at me with upturned eyes.

She rose, the bottom of the shirt hiking up to her waist.

"Whoops..." the sparkle came back to her eyes. She smiled, pricking her head.

I shook my head, taking the edges of the shirt and drew it to the middle of her thigh. I smoothed my fingers across the material, over her breast, her nipples pricked up. She turned red.

"William..." she had a subtle smile on her lips as she closed her eyelids.

"As much time as you brush them up against me I might as well." I shook my head laughing, slipping my hands down her sides straightening the cloth.

"But..." I nodded with that smile on my face, "I usually dress my youngest so, don't even think it's sexual."

She cocked her head, pursing her lips, "oh, but I do." she nodded, moving her head close, her blue eyes becoming seductive slits.

I cupped her cheeks, "Tessa, repeat after me..."

"William." I said, nodding my head, blowing out a breath. She drew a long breath inhaling mine as her lips separated, "William." she echoed.

"Has an incredibly beautiful, extremely pregnant wife." I nodded. My thumb stroking her crimson cheeks.

She sighed, glancing out the edge of her eyes. "fine." she huffed then recited the phrase.

"Also..." I hesitated, struggling not to look happy or laugh.

"He has three beautiful daughters with hair the color of sunshine. eyes as green as mountain pastures."

she turned her head, her eyes concentrated on me, "do they?"

"Repeat..." I interrupted.

She stared at me, wiggling her lips, "do they?" her expression went soft.