*Chapter 4*

(Back to Kami's POV)

I put my clothes back on and started heading back to the tents. The whole time I was in the water I felt like someone was watching me. They hid their chakra, but I could still feel their presence there. 

I got back to the tent quickly and Sasuke was asleep. I cuddled up in my blankets, my wet hair was making me even more cold. I was shivering now, wow, it got cold quick.

"Come here" I heard Sasuke's husky voice. 

I scooted closer to him and he pulled me into his chest. I felt a fluttering feeling in my gut, and I was blushing deeply. I cuddled into his chest and began to slowly fall asleep.

Sasuke's P.O.V

The feeling of her being this close to me lit a fire in my core. I never wanted to let her go; I wanted to hold her forever. She looks so beautiful and peaceful when she sleeps. I no longer had those sexual thoughts, now I just wanted to hold her tight for the rest of eternity. 

I stroked her cheek, a slight blush was apparent. I kissed her forehead.

"Sleep sound....princess" I whispered and slowly drifted to sleep.

Kami's P.O.V

I woke up in a pair of big arms. I looked up and saw Sasuke, sleeping soundly. His raven hair caped around his pale face. I couldn't help but smile at remembering what he said to me last night

"Sleep sound......princess"

Even though I closed my eyes, I wasn't fully asleep, so I heard him. I wonder if he has the same feelings for me as I have for him. It might've just been a kind gesture.

I sighed and gently tried to pry his arms off me. But it seems like every time I tried to pull away, he just pulled me in tighter. After several attempts to get free, I just succumbed and laid back down with him.

"Morning" he said in a low, husky voice.

"Good morning" I said with a grin. 

I turned to face him; his onyx eyes bore into my grey ones. The first time I met him, they were just emotionless eyes, but now, they sparkle a little bit.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked almost fully awake.

I blushed "Great"

He smirked "Good"

We just stared into each other's eyes for a moment, then he spoke.

"We should probably get up and pack everything up" 

"Yeah" was my only response. 

He got up and yawned.

I frowned, I missed his warmth already...

"You okay?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed

"Yeah" I lied and smiled

He looked at me questionably, but he soon dismissed it and exited the tent.

I quickly stripped and put on a change of clothes. I decided to keep my hair down today, didn't feel like pulling it up.

I walked out to see Sakura glaring at me; she started walking up to me, oh no.

"Stay away from Sasuke-kun; he is mine, plus, he would never like a girl like you" she said with a smirk

"One, you don't control me. Two, he is not your property. And three, what makes you think he would like a girl like YOU?" I asked

She laughed "What's not to like? I'm smart, beautiful, and I'm the best medic nin in Konoha."

"Sorry to disagree, but if you were smart, you would spend more time training instead of fangirling over Sasuke." I said with a blank look

She just "hmphd" and walked away.

At first she seemed okay, but now she's just annoying.

After we packed up camp, we started to walk our short journey to the Hidden Vine Village

"Ohayo Kami-san!" Naruto said with a toothy grin.

I grinned "Ohayo Naruto" 

"How was it sleeping with teme last night?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows

I blushed "Oh it was fine" I smirked "How was it with Sakura?"

He sighed putting his hands behind his back "She wouldn't stop talking about how she wanted to be in a tent with teme and not me" He frowned

I gave a concerned look "Why do you like her if she treats you like that?" 

"When we were kids, we were close, but things changed after she started to like Sasuke, we slowly drifted" he frowned

"Maybe it's time to move on?"

He sighed "Yeah, maybe" 

He was silent but then he smiled "Look! The Village gates!" he pointed ahead

I looked in the distance to see a big gate cascaded with vines

I smiled and looked back at Sasuke; he was staring at me, and Sakura just glared at me

When we arrived at the gates, Kakashi spoke

"You guys go look around the village, meet me back at the gates in a couple hours" with that, there was a puff of smoke and he was gone.

We began to walk around the village, kids laughing and playing, amazing scents filled the streets. Not a single sad face could be found in the village. Seeing all the kids happy faces made me wish I was a kid again. back then I had no problems and nothing to worry about. I guess change is necessary.

Something in the corner of my eye snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned to look at the thing, and a big smile crossed my face as I saw what it was. I looked into the beautiful garden to see the gazebo, the one that I've always dreamed of getting married in.

I ran over to it and admired it. It hasn't changed at all even after all these years, roses sprouted from the vines that tangled themselves on the gazebo. I tried to hold back tears looking at it, it just brought back happy memories.

I jumped when someone tapped my shoulder

"You okay?" Sasuke asked with a smirk.

I smiled and sighed "Yeah, this is the gazebo." 

"Ah, I see" he smirked.

The gazebo looked even more beautiful with the sun setting in the background. All the orange and the pink in the background was breathtaking.

I snapped out of it when I heard a commotion in town. I looked to the sky and saw a weird clay bird thing. I saw the thing drop an object and suddenly there was an explosion in the distance. People started running and screaming. 

I looked to my team and we nodded and we started sending people to a safe place. I saw a certain masked man running towards us.

Kakashi came towards us "Guys, it's the..Akatsuki"