Intro

In our Packs, you have to shape shift to your human form to survive. We aren't as common anymore because humans have been hunting us down and taking us out pack by pack. Our Packs are devout in the Ways of Soulmates. There are alphas and omegas. Alphas are always the firstborn pup of the Pack Leader, and most of the others born of a family are omegas. Alphas and omegas also have very distinct birthmarks to tell them apart. Every family has at least one alpha. The Ways of Soulmates has been ancient tradition for hundreds of generations. Understanding this, every alpha has an omega, but not every omega has an alpha. Once you come of age, the Coming of Age blessing is put upon you, allowing you to be able to physically spark with your soulmate. There is only one definite way to tell it's your soulmate.

Omegas have a spot in the crevice of their neck, on their collarbone that becomes sensitive when they are near their soulmate. As an omega, being within a 20 foot radius of your soulmate activates that sensitive spot. The closer you get to them, the more pleasure it sends through your nerves. Touching your soulmate for the first time will render you unconscious. As for an alpha, you have a sort of hunger as a predator out to catch his prey whenever your soulmate comes within a 20 foot radius. The closer you are to them, the stronger your hunger becomes. When you touch them, your body is sent into shock. Both of you should be sent to the Pack's medical aid immediately. After touching your soulmate and instantly forming that bond with them, you will have an ache to be near them if you are more than 20 feet away. Being further than 20 feet from your soulmate can cause you to go into shock and possibly send you into a coma. 

However, there have been rare cases where an alpha can bond with a human, causing the soulmate to change to the human rather than the omega it used to be. Now, this is very rare and only happens once out of every one hundred generations, but if it does so happen, then the alpha's hunger doesn't change. The human, though, will instantly bond with them by looking into their eyes. The human won't actually feel that it's about to happen, but the alpha will gain that hunger and know who it is. Understanding this, the alpha has the choice to avoid them if they do not have the longing for a human. If their soulmate is a human, then they can ask the Pack leader to reverse the blessing, but doing so causes you to be without a soulmate for the rest of your span of life.

Definition of soulmate: A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet. A connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before.

Definition of a wolf pack: A group of wolves that live and travel together as a family group.