FIVE: Museum Break-In

Later that night, after getting themselves situated in their new room, the girls decided to go see the boys and discuss forming a plan on how to get the wand. The boys' room looked much better than theirs. The room was simple and had larger beds that had no canopies or floral sheets. Carlos was in the middle of playing a video game while Jay was emptying his pockets filled with items he had stolen throughout the day.

"Jay," Mal called out as she walked over to him. "What are you doing?" She questioned, standing at his side and viewing the pile of various things that he stole.

"It's called stealing," Jay answered.

"Okay, what's the point?"

"Well, Mal, it's like buying whatever I want," He explained, pulling out a laptop from where he kept it tucked inside the back of his pants and flipping it open. "Except it's free."

Mal scoffed, she expected nothing less from him. She then picked up one of the objects on the bed, what looked like a wallet, and examined it. "Okay. You could do that," Mal said, gently tossing the wallet back onto the bed. "Or you could leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world."

"You sound just like your mom," Evie commented from behind the duo.

Mal exaggerated the acceptance of the compliment by putting her hand over her heart, "Thank you."

Jay closed the laptop, tucking it underneath his arm as he walked away and placed it onto the table. "You do it your way and I'll do it mine."

"It looks like you're pretty good at that game," Helena said to Carlos as she watched him play the video game.

"Yeah. It's a lot of fun," Carlos added before excitedly yelling at the TV screen, "Die suckers!" Carlos then stopped playing and held the controllers out toward the young thief, "Jay, check this thing out, man. It's awesome."

As Jay started to play, Carlos went over to the other side of the room and then called out to Helena, "Oh Lena, come look at this." The young girl walked over and found Carlos sitting on the edge of one of the two large beds, a smile on his face as he stared at her. "I finally have a real bed," He said happily as he ran his hand across the bed sheets while Helena stared at him thoughtfully.

Back on the Isle of the Lost, Cruella forced Carlos to sleep in her closet on the floor, which was also filled with bear traps. He had to curl up into a ball to keep himself warm and wasn't allowed to touch any of Cruella's clothes that she had in there. He didn't even have a pillow until Evie gave him one. Whenever he slept over at Helena's house, she allowed Carlos to sleep on her bed while she slept on an old mattress on the floor, so that he could have a good night's sleep. And now, Helena found it nice to see that Carlos was happy and that he was finally away from his mother, who treated him poorly for all these years.

"And don't forget the best part," Helena said, sitting down beside him. "You're finally away from that deranged, old hag that you used to live with."

"Helena, she's my mother," Carlos pointed out.

"Mother isn't a word that I would use to describe her but..." Helena replied with a slight shrug of her shoulders.

"Guys!" Mal shouted to them sharply. "Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?"

"Fairy godmother.... blah blah blah... magic wand.... blah blah blah," Jay rambled, turning away from the game to look back at Mal every time he said 'blah.' Evie laughed and Helena let out a huff as Jay tried to talk and play the video game at the same time.

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents!" The smiles on everyone's faces dropped the moment those words came out of Mal's mouth as they all turned their attention toward her. "To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel. Yeah?" The other four descendants each mumbled a 'yeah' in response. "Evie, mirror me."