TEN: The First Date

During the afternoon the following day, Evie was helping Helena and Mal get ready for their dates. The daughters of Hades, the Evil Queen and Maleficent were sitting down on Mal's bed, Evie was currently applying blush onto Mal's cheeks while Helena was doing her mascara with Evie's compact mirror.

"Okay," Mal said with a laugh, moving Evie's hand away. "Easy there on the blush. I don't want to scare him away.... Not that I could."

Evie let out a chuckle before giving her a teasing smile. "Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes." The blue haired princess then placed the compact and brush down to pick up a peach colored lipstick. Removing the cap, she gestured to Mal to pucker her lips. After she did, Evie then started to apply the lipstick carefully with her finger.

"Everything my mom taught me about makeup, she learned from Aphrodite," Helena spoke, placing the mascara and mirror down once she was finished. "And let me tell you, she knows all there is to know about beauty."

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips," Mal mumbled, her eyes then landing on the ground. "I never had a sister."

"Well, you got two now," Evie replied, her eyes focused on what she was doing. "We're going to need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way." She rolled her eyes at. "Just ask Snow White," She then added jokingly in an attempt to lighten up the mood. But Helena and Mal could see it in her eyes, the small hint of the pain in them. Evie knew from personal experience how her mother would react if she didn't get her way.

Silence then fell over the three girls. After Evie finished applying the lipstick on Mal, she then applied the lipstick onto Helena. Once she was done, Evie put the cap back on.

"Are you scared of her?" Helena then asked tentatively.

"Sometimes," Evie answered truthfully. "Are you afraid of your parents?"

Helena pondered over the question for a few seconds before answering honestly, "No. I mean, I know that they're gods and they can do a lot of serious damage if they wanted, my dad even more so. But I know that they would never hurt me like that." She then turned to Mal, "Are you scared of your mom?"

Mal thought over for a second and then said, "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... in her own way."

Evie grabbed Mal's hands, pulling her up from the bed to stand up. "Moving on. Come see."

"Are we done?" Mal questioned nervously.

"Yeah," Evie said and led her two friends over to the mirror.

"Oh," Mal muttered. She was wearing a dark pink dress with a black leather jacket and black ankle boots.

"I know," Evie said, coming up behind them and resting her head on her shoulder.