THIRTEEN: Chaos at the Coronation

Today was the big day, Ben's coronation. The day that Ben would seal his fate as Auradon's king and five teens would seal their fate as villains loyal to their parents. Helena and Mal were woken up early by Evie, who insisted that there wouldn't enough time to simply do their hair if they kept sleeping. As the three girls got ready, doubts kept racing through their heads as each of them wondered if the choice they were going to be making was the right one. 

Helena's hair was pinned up in the back while the front was parted in two, her hair resting against each shoulder. She wore black heels, sapphire drop earrings, and the sapphire diamond necklace from her father. Her makeup was done heavier than her date with Carlos, but not enough to the point that she would complain.

But Helena's favorite part was the dress, which was absolutely amazing and one that Evie must have spent hours creating. The black and blue dress had a lace-up closure and a sweetheart neckline embellished with intricate appliques and sparkling jewels. A form fitting bodice hugged Helena's upper body perfectly and cascaded through the basque waist. And the flaring A-line maxi tulle skirt with a dramatic chapel train just made it the perfect dress. 

"Hey Hells, what's this?" Mal asked her friend after they were all ready to go. Helena scrunched up her face once she saw a mysterious box resting on her bed. 

"I have no idea," Helena answered, the three girls going over to see what it was. Noticing the small note that was attached to the box with the letter 'H' on it, Helena unfolded the note to see what was written on it and read it aloud. 

"Don't forget who you are and that the choice is still yours. 
-Dad."

"Oh my God..." Evie said breathlessly as she, Mal and Helena stared at the gift with wide eyes.  It was a beautiful diamond and sapphire vine tiara, one that her mother took the time in designing.

"How did your dad even..." Mal asked as Helena carefully took the tiara out of the box. She had never seen anything like this. Seeing real jewels up close were something that Isle people could only ever dream of. 

"He's also the God of Wealth. He has access to all precious metals and jewels underneath the earth," Helena answered, Evie taking the tiara and putting it in her friend's hair. The three girls then walked over to the mirror, with Mal and Evie standing on either side of Helena, to see what they looked like. 

"Okay, that person is definitely not me," Helena said upon seeing her reflection, her fingers gliding over the fabric of her dress. She looked beautiful, elegant and sophisticated. But what was so strange to her was that she looked royal. 

Evie giggled, "Yeah it is. Look at you, Hells. You look gorgeous."

"But I look like..." 

"A princess?" Mal finished. "Helena, you've been one your whole life."

Helena then focused her eyes on the tiara as she realized why her father sent her this. She told herself that she would start being herself and embrace who she really is. And that meant embracing the part of her life that she hid the most. No matter what happens, she would always be the princess of the Underworld, the daughter of Hades and Persephone. It was time that she embraced both aspects of her life and showed people who she truly was. 

"Well I saw we all look great. Evie, you did such a great job with all of this. Thank you," Helena told the blue haired girl honestly, a proud smile appearing on Evie's face. 

"What are sisters for?" Evie said before pulling Helena into a hug. They laughed before turning to Mal, one of their arms extended out toward her.

The purple haired girl shook her head, "Oh no. I don't hug."