Chapter Eleven: Emma

A/N: Official trailer for this story is on the side, made by moi! 

***

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter Eleven: Emma 

Hiding in the walls had its pros and cons. The pros were obvious: there was no way those two would ever find me in there unless I wanted to be found, and I could potentially have some fun with this. The cons presented themselves when I shimmied myself out of the crevice I’d crawled into. I was covered in grime and filth, and I probably smelled worse than I did before. I basically had no idea what I’d just been standing in. That hiding spot could only be used in extreme situations, or I’d never be able to wash the stench out of my hair. I really, really needed to take a shower.

After climbing out of the walls, I found myself blindly swatting at the air in the darkness, attempting to find a suitable place to sit down again. When I finally sat down, I nearly jumped back up out of shock. The door had opened again, and I was just about to shimmy myself back into the walls when I realized whoever was in there was only there to go to the bathroom.

I wrinkled my nose at the tinkling sounds I was hearing. This was what I had to look forward to until I managed to escape? How charming.

 After they left, I breathed a sigh of relief. I hadn’t realized I’d been holding my breath in nervous anticipation. “Snap out of it, Emma,” I muttered, rubbing my face agitatedly. “They’re not going to find you in here. They can’t.”

My plan was going to work. It had to. Eric and Will would go out and look for me, and eventually, they would assume I was a lost cause. Then I’d find a way to help Taylor escape their clutches, and we’d get the hell out of this place. It sounded easy, but I knew it was going to be anything but.

Time passed by so slowly, it almost felt like I was dead. I’d never been so bored in my life. There was a bit of a commotion a while later, providing some excitement, at least. I wasn’t sure where this commotion was coming from, exactly, but it was far enough away to soothe my frazzled nerves. I could hear voices, but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. The only thing I could actually make out was laughter at the end, and then there was silence again. I took the silence as my chance to go to the bathroom again—curse my tiny bladder—but the silence didn’t last long. The voices were back before I knew it, and one of them was getting closer.

I booked it towards the little door in the corner, but the stupid thing was jammed. I think the universe was set against me. It was just my luck that the stupid door would get jammed just when I needed it most.

With my one legitimate hiding spot gone, I was a mess. I panicked. I hid in the one place I could find, and that was the shower. How was I supposed to know that was the reason he was coming in there? Every time someone had come in so far, they just needed to pee or grab something from my hiding spot.   

Pushing aside the shower curtain—a hideous, archaic monstrosity—I jumped in, making as little noise as was physically possible.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” a masculine voice said. I couldn’t tell if it was Eric or Will from where I was standing, but I could tell it was close. Too close. “I’m taking a shower. I swear those bugs molested me while I was asleep. I feel dirty.”

No… No, no, no, no, no, no, no… please tell me I didn’t hear what I think I just heard… oh, God, oh, God, oh, God, oh God.

While the thought of Will being surrounded by invasive bugs was amusing, the thought of Will finding me in this shower was not. If I’d known he was planning on taking a shower, I would’ve kicked that damn door or something and made it unjam.