Chapter Six: Will

Kidnap My Heart

Chapter 6: Will

I woke up with a killer headache and a dull ache all over my face. Actually, no, I felt that ache everywhere, including my lungs; I was having trouble breathing. I had to mentally soothe myself to stop myself from panicking, and eventually my breathing steadied.

I mean, it wasn't like I was unfamiliar with headaches or anything. I liked drinking and partying as much as the next guy, and waking up with a hangover wasn't uncommon for me. This, though... this was different. I wasn't sure if it was that weird ache all over my face and body or the fact that I felt like someone had stabbed me in the head ten times, but something was off.

Concern wasn't enough of a reason to try to get up, though, so I just sort of laid there for a moment until I fully came to. I felt too disoriented to move, and I was fine just lying there for a while, even though I wasn't laying on the comfiest of surfaces.

When I finally tried opening my eyes, only one eye opened fully. The eye that did open fully widened in horror, and my hand flew up to my face immediately. All I could feel was swollen skin. "Fuck!" I abruptly sat up and winced at the pain that sudden movement brought. I felt like there was a giant knot in my back and neck.

I sat there for a moment, struggling to remember what the hell had happened, and most of the day's events eventually came back to me: the spying, the plan, the kidnapping, the attack from behind by Emma, the handcuff swinging, and the darkness. I scowled. Emma van der Bilt. She'd done this. That I was sure of. It was the only thing I was sure of, fine, but still.

"Wait a second," I muttered. It suddenly dawned on me that if this chick had knocked me out and done God knows what to me, the chances of her still being here were slim. It didn't help that I'd woken up in a patch of grass. Why the hell had I woken up in a patch of grass? "Shit." I stood up quickly, ignoring the shooting pain that went up my side. I felt battered and bruised, but I was determined to get to the bottom of this. I ignored my discomfort and looked around, realizing Emma van der Bilt and her friend were nowhere to be found. More importantly, I also realized my car was gone. Christine... was gone.

My precious, precious car... my baby...

How could they take Christine? That was low. That was as low a blow as a nut-shot. Taking a man's car was the worst thing you could do to him.

What followed this sad realization was a string of curse words and insults directed towards Emma van der Bilt that I was glad no one was around to witness. Except for Eric, I guess, but he was used to this kinda thing by now.

"Eric. Shit." I snapped my fingers, remembering my brother all of a sudden. I'd almost forgotten about him. I ran over to what looked to be a lump but was probably my brother in actuality. In my defense, it was getting dark, and I couldn't see very well. "Eric," I said, kneeling down and slapping at his face. As I'd assumed, he wasn't conscious. Looks like I wasn't the only one that had been assaulted.

After about a minute of this, he finally began to respond, grumbling and twitching.

"Eric," I repeated, still slapping at him. "Dude—wait. What the fuck, man? Why the hell are you naked?" How had I not realized this earlier? I mean, sure, it was dark, but Eric's lack of clothes was something I should have noticed right off the bat. Why was he only wearing boxers? Had they wanted to sneak a peek before leaving us here to die?

They didn't look the type, but it was always the innocent ones...

I shook my head. Unbelievable. They were secretly a pair of perverts. Suddenly, I didn't feel so bad for spying on them through the cameras Eric had installed in their apartment. They were worse than me. I was glad I'd seen them prancing around half-naked. We were officially equal.