Chapter 30 - For the Future

Now he was back at full speed with his confidence high, Max decided it was time to take charge, so that's what he told his publicist. Max Statton was back with a vengeance and for a little while it was impossible to turn on the TV or open a paper without seeing him somewhere. There were the other Asian premiers, but he did his best to make sure he was seen everywhere else as well. He also read scripts, he met with directors and producers and he focused back on his career.

With all that back on track, he made the decision to make sure his personal life was running smoothly as well. He, Scott and Gian were all busy men. Scott was filming a new movie and Gian was winding up for publicity on another film he had made after "In From the Cold 2". It was hard to find time where two of them could get together, let alone all three.

Scott and Gian managed to meet up one weekend in Amsterdam, and, by all accounts, had a wonderful time. Max had demanded a blow by blow since he had been at a very important meeting for what would probably be his next film. All doubts about all three of them being compatible vanished after that.

Given that he now had an excuse, Max did insist on visiting with his boyfriend and they had plans for him to attend Gian's next premiere with him. However, there was still getting all three of them together to worry about.

"I've had an idea," Max said as he sat down in front of his computer.

Both Scott and Gian were conferenced in with him and he could see both of them in windows on either side of his screen.

"Should we be worried?" Scott asked with what could only be described as a shit-eating grin.

"That goes without saying," Max said and grinned back.

Modern technology really was wonderful; it sure beat just talking to both his boyfriends on the phone.

"What have you been thinking about?" Gian asked, looking far too bright and cheerful for someone where it was nearly midnight.

"I was thinking about plausible cover stories for the three of us getting together more regularly without arousing suspicion," he replied and petted Esmeralda as she jumped up onto his lap, "and then it occurred to me that it might be a good idea anyway."

"Are you always this vague?" Scott said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm getting there," Max said with a long suffering sigh; he and Scott had a much more teasing relationship than him and Gian. "How about we look into starting a production company together?"

Gian looked surprised for a moment, but raised his eyebrows and then nodded a bit. Scott just looked surprised.

"A production company?" Scott asked.

"Yeah," Max said. "Nothing big to start with, but I'm sure we could find some small projects to help off the ground. Darius is bound to know who to talk to and you both have contacts all through the industry. We don't even have to do anything concrete to begin with, but it gives us a reason to all be in the same place at the same time. If we put out feelers and it's a no go, we still get a few months to hang out without the rumour mill running. Even if it all falls through the paparazzi will be used to seeing us in the same places by then and it won't be news."

"Max makes very good points," Gian said, looking to the left which meant he was looking at Scott's window on his laptop.

"As much as I hate to admit it," Scott said after a moment, "yeah, you're right."

Max beamed at the other two men.

"So what's the plan?" Scott asked.

"Well I thought we could put some feelers out," Max said, "and the gossip sites are bound to pick it up. Then you wrap in three weeks, right?"