Chapter 8

Skye's P.O.V

*Beep* I turn my alarm off, and wake up to see the sun shining through my curtains. I get off the bed, and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After I got out I looked at the mirror.  Not bad Skye.

I turned my phone on and it started playing Ed Sheeran: Thinking Out Loud.

Take me into your loving arms...

I'm thinking out loud

Baby we found love right where we are

We found love where we are....

I turned off the music and started brushing my hair. After that, I changed into a black tee, some dark red sweatpants, and my slippers. I reached for my phone on the bed and got out the room to the kitchen.

Today was Saturday. Yes! No classes. I poured some coffee for my self and sat on the couch. I went on my phone and put the song: Secrets by One Republic.

Tell me what you want to hear

I'm gonna give all my secrets away

This time don't need another perfect line...

I'm gonna give all... my..secrets away..

Maybe I could ask Josh of all this, of yesterday, everything. I put my phone down and went to the kitchen to wash my cup. Soon, Josh came in to the kitchen yawning. "Hey," I said.

"Oh, Good morning." I nodded.

"Um Josh.." He made eye contact with me,"Yeah."

I hesitated,"You know what never mind. I'll ask later..when You're uh... done." He raised his eyebrows.

"Okay fine. Sit down Josh. This will take a while but what do you think?"

He looked confused,"Huh?"

"Of yesterday. Of Everything."

He scratched the back of his back,"Okay. Yeah I.. Love you too. Um so is that it?"

I opened my mouth then shut it,"Uh. Yeah that's it."

I got up. How dare he? I said all that, it was all good. I thought.... You know what?

If he wants to be like this, then be my guest.

I went to go get my phone and black faux jacket since it was a bit chilly. I go out for a run to clear off my mind.

Wow. All of this kind of meant nothing to him. Right? He says I love you then nothing. Players are players. While I was running I stopped for a break and saw a near cafe. I looked in my pockets for money, I had two crumpled dollars, a few cents and a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

I ran for the cafe in hope for something to eat. I looked at the menu. I could get a bagel which was like $1.50 or a milkshake which was $1.25. Nah, I'll get a milkshake.

"Excuse me, sorry but are you on the line?" I snap out of my thoughts and turn around to see a girl around my age who has short curly greenish-blue hair and a tiny nose piercing, she looks shorter than me by an inch and has blue eyes.

"Uh, sorta I was looking at the menu. You could skip me if you want," I replied.

"Oh no then it's okay," she smiled, "I'm Isa." I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Skylar." After that I ordered a plain sundae with hot fudge on it. I sat down in a table near the window, and soon Isa joined me. For a few minutes it was awkward but then we broke it and chatted and laughed like we knew each other for a long time. At the end she gave me her number and I gave her mine. I decided to say goodbye since it was getting late.

I got out the cafe and walked to the school. When I got to my dorm, I saw Josh sitting on the sofa with his hands on his face looking mad...

"Josh?" He looked up and started walking towards me.

I think I couldn't breathe. He was so close to me, that I felt his breath fanning over my neck. Is this a dream?

"Where were you? Do you know that I looked everywhere for you! But no, you go out and don't bother telling me. I got scared & worried Skye!" He yelled at me. I closed my eyes and opened them again. I took a step back from him.

"Why? You clearly didn't have anything to say besides 'I love you' to me earlier. It doesn't matter where I go either, you aren't my father, you don't like me you hate me and Nathaniel." I looked in his eyes to search for something-anything to say that what he said was false, but nothing was there.

He took a step back too.

He puts his hands over his neck, "That's the thing Skye! I don't hate you, I never did. Why would I ever? I'm not good at talking about my feelings like you do. I really do love you. But I grew up differently, it's my concern where you go because I love you. I always did, even when I left or you hated me, I still.. love you."

I think never in my life was I ever  speechless.

He Loved me and still Loves me. Why was I an asshole to him? What do I do now? He was looking at my face, I smiled. "I..Love you too Josh. I'm sorry you had a rough past and that I was an asshole to you. If you want, I'll dorm with someone else." I was about to turn around and get out, when Josh gabbed my hand.

He looked at me directly, grabs my face, and smashes his lips onto mine.

I'm shocked, but quickly kiss him back, his lips feel so good against mine.

A/N Hey Guys! Is it just me or has this week been sooo long? How are you? I literally thought next week was the last week of December! Anyway what did you guys think of that kiss? Did you expect it, and what do you think will happen next? Luv hearing from you guys! Have a great weekend! :)

Hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget to vote or comment! <3