Chapter 5: I didn't, did I?

(Nate's perspective)
I wake up, shaking, in an unfamiliar room. Bright, white lights shine in my eyes. My chin is sore, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I see someone leaning over me, looking at me confused, staring at one eye then the other. I push my arms out to get them not so close to my face.
"Nate!" They yell, "You're awake!" It's Y/N.
"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be? The last thing I remember was..." I stopped, Natemare took over. Oh god! What did I do? As if a switch was flicked, I get all these memories of beating up Mat, hurting him until the point of almost killing him.
"Thought I would give these to you. Help you feel even worse. Have fun explaining what happened."
"SHUT UP!!" I yelled, not realising I said it out loud. I break down. All the horrible memories.
"Nate! You're okay, you are in control." Y/N tries to assure me.
"I'm not though. He took over and he really hurt Mat. I didn't have any control over him, I don't remember doing any of it, but Natemare has giving me the memories and they're awful and-"
"Nate! Please...all that matters is that you're safe."
"What about Mat?"
"Doctors put him in a coma to make him heal faster."
"No, no. Mentally."
"Well... Watch these." They grabbed my camera and showed me the two videos.

"This is all my fault. We should have told you when we re-met. Now Mat's in critical health cause of me." I break down even more. Doctors reassure me that I'm fine to go but Mat will have to stay for at least a month to make sure he's healed.

~~Mystical time skip ~~

As soon as I get home, I lock myself in my room, not even saying hi to my sister, Morgen. I play my guitar to try and forget the memories, but they're not leaving anytime soon. This is all my fault. I should have never came back. I moved for a reason. I break down even more than I was in the hospital.
"Oh no. Someone is crying. This is all your fault, you know that right? I know. Why don't we travel to the kitchen and pick up a little something? A little something sharp?" He laughs at me but I'm in no mood to argue. I open my door and look to see where Morgen is. I can't see her. I go to the kitchen. She's standing in front of the knife box with her arms crossed.
"I know what you're going to do and I'm not going to allow it." "Wow, your sister's stubborn. Just push her out of the way, she isn't helping." I grab her shoulders and throw her to the ground. I grab the sharpest knife we have and hold it against my left arm. She stands up and tries to stop me. I hold the knife to her chest. "Don't move." I tell her. I can feel Natemare taking over. I don't stop him. I let him have control. I black out.