Chapter 5 ~ Paying a Visit

I was packed and ready to go the next evening. My face was fixed up, as if nothing happened.

Draco took me outside to the gates, setting my stuff down. "You got everything?"

"Yes."

"I'll see you at school, then."

"Okay."

I honestly didn't want to leave. It was pretty obvious that Draco didn't want me to leave, either. But maybe it was for the best. I had to go to the Burrow sooner or later. Everyone would be pretty worried about me, that was for sure. But I was worried about Draco now. He had been through so much shit just to help me. Now that I thought about it, for the last four years, Draco helped me a lot. He helped me escape for four years. That was a debt I'd never be able to repay.

"Thank you, Draco," I told him. "I feel bad because I can't repay you for the last four years that you've saved my arse."

He chuckled. "I think one last kiss from you will do."

I smiled weakly and we both leaned in until our lips finally touched. He was gentle and firm, placing his hands on my face. We stood there for one, two, thirty seconds, kissing each other.

Draco pulled away now, inches away from my face. "I had to do that one last time," he whispered.

"Out of all the things, I'm going to miss that the most," I replied. "So I guess you can say whatever we have ends here again, right?"

He shook his head. "I don't want whatever we have to end."

"But it has to, just like you said."

He sighed. "I know."

I nodded. "I'll see you soon." I gave him a light peck on the cheek and walked out of the gate with my trunk and broom. I mounted my broom and started flying off to Little Whinging.

When I arrived at the Dursley house, I hopped off my broom and looked up at Harry's bedroom window. I decided to fly back up to his window to see if he was there. Sure enough, he was sitting on his bed, reading a book. I knocked on his window. He looked up and rushed to the window, opening it for me.

"What the hell, Max?!" he said. "There are Muggles around, you know."

"Hey, bro. Nice to see you, too," I responded sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him. I flew into his room and jumped off my broom.

"Be quiet! They'll hear you!" he hissed at me.

"Sorry," I whispered.

He grabbed my stuff, placed them by his bed, and turned back to me, pulling me in for a hug. I sighed in his embrace and placed my head on his shoulder.

He pulled away, sighing. "How have you been? I got your letters. You seemed distraught. Are you alright?"

I plopped onto his bed and looked at him. He did the same and waited for me to speak. "I don't know if this has been the worst summer yet. So much stuff happened."

"Like what?"

"If I told you, I'm pretty sure you'd disown me as your sister."

"That would be hard to do since we're twins."

"I'm serious, Harry," I told him, holding a stern look on my face.

"Well, I'm sure what you did wasn't too bad."

I nodded. "Yes, it was, bro. It was really bad."

"Oh, come on, sis. You always say it like it's a big deal."