Chapter 14 ~ In the Corridors

It was finally game day today and I was not planning to lose my focus. I was thinking about what Blaise told me last night and it stuck to me the entire night. All I could think about was Draco. But why would I be thinking about him? I was with Ginny. I was happy with Ginny. So why was that feeling that I had before coming back to me? Like every question I thought of, I never had the answer to it. I always got the same results each time: Nothing, and I hated nothing.

Ron and I were entering the Great Hall the next morning. He was looking around, seeing if anyone was watching him come in with his Keeper hat on. They were.

"Just go, Ron. It'll be fine," I told him.

"Good luck, Ron!" Neville said as he walked past us and out of the Great Hall.

Once we were heading inside, Seamus came up to us. "I'm counting on you, Ron. I have two Galleons on Gryffindor."

My eyes went over to the Slytherin table, where Crabbe, Goyle, and some other boys I didn't recognize were making fun of Ron. Draco, however, was not sitting with them. Instead, he isolated himself, staring blankly into space. We didn't make eye contact, which gave me a feeling that something was wrong. I was beginning to worry about him.

As the ginger and I sat down across from Harry and Hermione, I took one last glance at Draco. The boy didn't look up at me. Disappointed, I sighed and turned back around at my table. Ginny was beside me and gave me a smile. I grinned and chuckled to myself a little.

"So how was it, then?" Ron asked Harry and Hermione, who seemed a bit confused at his question.

Hermione looked up from her newspaper to answer. "How was what?"

"Your dinner party?" he retorted.

"Pretty boring, actually," the girl replied. "Though, I think Harry enjoyed dessert."

Harry blushed a little, but I was the only one who noticed this.

"Slughorn's having a Christmas do, you know," I perked up, taking a sip of my juice. "We're meant to bring someone."

"I expect Hermione will be going with McLaggen. He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?" the redhead snapped.

"Actually, I was going to ask you," Hermione informed Ron.

Ron snorted in disbelief.

Suddenly, Lavender Brown came behind Ron and lightly touched him on the shoulder. "Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant." She walked away after that, hoping it would boost Ron's confidence, but it only made it worse.

"I'm resigning. After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot."

"No, Ron!" I protested. "You're better than that idiot! You earned this spot, didn't you? It's your time to shine. Don't let Cormac have all the glory."

"I don't care about that anymore, Max. I can't do it."

"Have it your way," Harry said, sliding his juice over to him.

"Hello, everyone." We all turned around and saw Luna with a lion hat on. "You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup, Harry?"

"Put what in his cup?" I asked Harry.

"Is it a tonic?" she questioned.

"Harry, what the hell is she talking about?" I hissed at him. He put the vial of Liquid Luck back in his pocket.

"Liquid Luck," Hermione stated.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered to myself.

"Don't drink it, Ron!" Hermione shot him a warning look.