Chapter 10 ~ Hopped Up on Questions and Confusion

Before I knew it, the first week was already over. I woke up early that Saturday morning in order to deal with Quidditch tryouts today. Harry, Ginny, and I had to watch everyone try out and we got to pick who was on the Gryffindor team. Everyone was counting on Gryffindor to beat Slytherin again. Of course, we were going to beat them. Harry was our Seeker, while Ginny and I were two of the Chasers.

I went over to Ginny's dorm, where she was still in bed, and pushed her off her bed, where she landed on the floor. "Get up, Weasley!"

"Shut up, Potter!" she retorted jokingly.

We laughed as I walked into the bathroom. I got dressed and also brushed my teeth and hair, putting my hair into a high ponytail. When I went down to the Gryffindor Common Room, everyone that was trying out for the team was already heading out to the pitch to meet us. But how could they meet us if Harry and Ginny weren't even ready yet? I knew it. Why did I have a feeling they were going to be late getting up?

"Come on, Harry! Your sister is already downstairs!" I heard Ginny yelling at my brother.

"I'm coming! Stop nagging me! That's Max's job!" Harry shouted back.

As the two approached me downstairs, I giggled to myself.

The entire walk to the pitch was somewhat awkward for the three of us. Harry had a crush on Ginny, who was completely oblivious because she was currently dating Dean. I didn't know if he was trying out for the team this year. I didn't see him in the crowd that left. However, I did see Ron. He was trying out as a Keeper. Hermione was supposed to be watching the tryouts. I didn't see her in bed when I woke up. She was probably already down at the pitch.

When we got there, the three of us gripped our brooms tight and headed out to the pitch with everyone trying out. Ron was the only one standing around and being quiet when we came up. Everyone else was talking and joking around with each other.

"Okay, everyone, quiet, please!" Harry attempted to shut everyone up.

"SHUT IT!" Ginny screamed.

Everyone went quiet after that.

Harry looked at Ginny and nodded. "Thanks. Now, just because you made the team last year, does not mean you're guaranteed a spot for this year. Is that clear?"

Everyone nodded in agreement and we organized who was going first. Ginny and I mounted on our brooms and flew up to the center of the pitch, while Harry was on the sidelines. Ron and Cormac McLaggen, who I found out was the boy from Fred and George's shop, were both going for Keeper, and they both had a thing for Hermione. I wasn't sure if I found that really cute or really gross.

Cormac McLaggen and Hermione Granger together...

No, hell no. I found it gross, really gross.

Ginny and I were on a roll with eliminating who would be the third Chaser. We decided to go with Katie Bell, the best Chaser there was, really. After that was done, we all attempted to make it into the goal with Ron and Cormac trying out for Keeper. Cormac missed one goal, but Ron missed none of them. So Ron became the Keeper of the Gryffindor Quidditch team.

Thank Merlin for that.

*******

After dinner, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, and I were sitting around in the Gryffindor Common Room. Ron was sitting on the couch with Harry and Hermione sitting by both of his feet on the floor. Hermione was reading the paper and Harry was reading his Potions book while Ron was talking to us. Ginny was in a chair, reading a book and Neville was messing with his plant. I was sitting by Ginny's feet while listening to Ron talking to us about tryouts.