Chapter 25

"Why didn't you just say it was you, Key? Jeez, I thought it was the cops," he sighed, taking the boy in his embrace.
I just stared at the two of them.
This Key person looked really upset about something.
"Chan, Chanyeol, I got here as fast as I could. I didn't know where else to go, I know you left and everything, but the main hideout was raided by this huge group of people. We couldn't hold them off, and Luna, she's, Chanyeol, she's-"
"What?! Key, please tell me she's not-" Chanyeol said urgently.
"No, she's alive, but barely. Chanyeol, we need your help. Taemin's hurt too so we don't have a medic to help anyone," Key gasped out.
"What happened to her?" Chanyeol asked.
"They, a few guys dragged her to the Han river behind the hideout and threatened to throw her in unless she told them where you currently lived. You know how she is with standing water, I got here as fast as I could to warn you they were coming," Key explained hastily.
"Baekhyun come on, I know where we're going now," Chanyeol spoke, turning to look at me.
"What? I hope you're not talking about the same place he is, he just said a bunch of people got murdered there!" I protested, not believing my ears.
"Don't worry little guy, nobody was murdered," Key assured me.
"Oh well, in that case, lets go right ahead," I said sarcastically.
"Baekhyun, please don't make this difficult, we're running out of time," Chanyeol sighed as he went back to packing stuff for me and him.

Within five minutes, all people and necessary objects were packed into Chanyeol's car.
I was sulking, big time.
When we arrived, I wasn't sure what we were looking at. We were in the scary part of Seoul and the hideout in question looked like a shack with more shacks piled on top of it.
Some kids ran out from hidden cracks in said shacks and embraced Chanyeol.

"Park! We missed you so much!"
"Luna needs help Park, you're the only one who can help her," a young boy said urgently.
I was caught off guard by how mature the boy who couldn't be more than 10 was.
"Lets go see her," Chanyeol said, pulling on my elbow and leading me inside.
We went through a door that was hanging off it's hinges that led into a dilapidated hallway with numerous doors leading to more rooms. Chanyeol weaved expertly through the place like he knew it like the back of his hand.
We walked into a room, finally leaving the endless hallways that creaked every time a foot landed on the rotting floorboards.
A girl was strapped to a bed with a few kids standing around her.
Another boy was covered in blood a few feet away laying on some blankets spread out over the floor.
Upon closer inspection, the girl strapped down was also covered in blood.
She was also flipping her shit.

"What the fuck is this?" Chanyeol cursed, running to the girls side.
He turned to look back at Key.
"I thought you said she was only freaking out! You didn't say she was dying! Are these stab wounds in her stomach?" He yelled.

The kids around him shrank back a little at his words.
"I said she was barely alive back at your house, I just didn't have time to explain what happened to her before they threw her in the water," Key said hastily.
"Well? What happened?!" Chanyeol said impatiently.
It was strange seeing him like this, like he was when I first met him.
He really had changed a lot.
"Luna got a little too, well you know, how she usually is, and they managed to slip the knife out of her hand and they started, god it was awful, they started going at her stomach with it-"
His explanation was cut off by a loud scream coming from the girl who I gathered to be Luna.
"She won't stop dreaming out from the water and all her movements are making her lose blood faster, we stopped it up, but she keeps ripping it open again. We didn't know what else to do, she's slowly kicking herself without realising it, you're the only one who can calm her down," Key said more quickly.
Chanyeol immediately started working his magic on Luna and slowly settled down.
The noise coming from the little thing died down and she stopped straining against her restraints.
"Sshh, Luna. Stop ok? You're gonna kill yourself, I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you. Do you want to die? Do you?! Then stop this shit. I'm here now, it's me, Chanyeol. Even though you ever only call me Park," Chanyeol soothed, sort of.
I had never seen anything like it.
It's like all the kids here feared and revered him at the same time.
"I can't deal with this Key, it'd be one thing if Taemin was here to fix her, but he's over there looking for the worse and I don't know what to do," Chanyeol said once she fell asleep.
I don't know why I did it, but something was tugging at me to help, like some maternal instinct had taken over.
"My m-mom's a nurse, m-maybe I can help," I stuttered out, stepping towards Luna and Chanyeol.