Motorcycles

Kageyama never really liked motorcycles, and to be honest they kind of scared him. Kageyama had never ridden a motorcycle in his entire life, and not that he was poor but, a motorcycle wasn't ever in his budget either. Motorcycles weren't safe, and not nearly as comfortable as a normal car or bus, or just something that you can sit back in and relax tired muscles.

Oikawa on the other hand, loved his personal bike. He loved the way it was so easy to get around in and park, he loved the fact that its colors, were the colors of Aubai Johsai's team colors, and when he wasn't wearing his helmet-if he could get away with it- how the wind ruffled through his fluffy hair. He also loved the attention it grabbed him, and how absolutely fabulous it made him look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just a normal, relatively quiet day and, Kageyama, was taking a walk around town, when he heard the roaring sound of an engine, speeding up the road. A silent complaint of how loud it was, briefly crossed his mind.

Suddenly, the two wheeled vehicle screeched to a stop in front of him, and lo and behold who was riding it.

"Tobio-chan! My, my, what a surprise to see you, here." Oikawa said while taking off his glistening helmet and flashing his usual charming smile.

Kageyama simply raised a brow, and glared at that so obviously fake smile, that he despised but loved at the same time. Kageyama thought he might have seen a hint of mischief in Oikawa's eyes, but brushed it off when he saw Oikawa open his mouth to speak again.

Damn, Kageyama looked good in his black Karasuno jacket, and his glare just-somehow- made him look that much more attractive, Oikawa thought, then catching himself staring decided to speak before things became awkward.

"Well if you're not going to say anything... um, come for a ride-with me." Oikawa said quickly and lightly stuttering making his comment sound more like a question. He immediately berated himself for it and hoped that Kageyama didn't notice. But, as luck would have it...

Things like, Did Oikawa-San just stutter?, Is he nervous?!, and Oh Hell no! there is absolutely no way that he could get me to ride that death machine!, swirled around in Kageyama's head. Though he realized that he would have to respond quickly to the invitation.

"No." Kageyama said flatly.

"What do you mean, no? Come oooonnn, it will be fun." Oikawa whined.

"I said, no." Kageyama hastily responded hoping Oikawa would get the hint-not that he was afraid, oh no, if Oikawa found that Kageyama was kinda sorta afraid of motorcycles, he'd never hear the end of it- no, Kageyama just wanted Oikawa to know that he did not want to go for a ride.

Oh come on, Kageyama can't be that much of a stick in the mud. Oikawa thought. There had to another reason behind why Kageyama wouldn't ride with him- could it be that Kageyama didn't like him?! Oikawa panicked for a second, but- No, no, it couldn't be that, he was Oikawa Tooru after all. There was something else, something that he was missing. Then Oikawa noticed it, although it was small, it was still there, the tiniest bit of fear hidden in Kageyamas voice. Oh wow, Kageyama is afraid of motorcycles. This is great! If I can get him to ride with me he''ll have to hold on to me, which would pretty much count as a hug, and Kageyama never hugs me-or anyone really. Oh, this will be great!

With a few quick and swift movements, Oikawa put down his kickstand, got off his bike, and thrust the helmet on to Kageyamas head.

"O-Oikawa, what 're you doing!" Kageyama blurted out, struggling and trying to remove the helmet.

"You are going to ride with me if it's the last thing you do!" Oikawa announced confidently.

"If I go with you, it will be the last thing I do!"

"Stop being such a Debbie downer, and hop on." Oikawa said while fastening the helmet, and proceeded to pull Kageyama over to the bike. Quickly swinging his leg over the side he placed kageyama's hand on his hip. "Come on." Oikawa smirked looking back at Kageyama.

Sighing Kageyama replied "fine, but don't you need a helmet?"

Oikawa chuckled "no, I'm such good driver I don't need one," he bragged, "and besides, I know that you're afraid of motorcycles so I'll just let you use it."

"What?! I am not afraid of motorcycles, I-"

"Sure you're not. So are you just gonna stand there, or what."

Scoffing, Kageyama swung his leg over the side of the bike and wrapped his arms firmly around Oikawa's torso.

Smiling, Oikawa revved up the engine, and pulled the clutch. The wheels squealed as they spun on the asphalt, the front wheel popped up, and the vehicle shot down the street.

Kageyama gasped as the bike took off, his heartrate increased, he squeezed his eyes shut, and held on to Oikawa for dear life. Is he trying to kill me?!

Meanwhile, Oikawa had a smile so big it reached his ears, as he basked in the feelings of freedom, the wind in his hair, and not to mention Kageyama holding on to him. Somehow, the way that Kageyama squeezed on to Oikawa so desperately made Oikawa feel...special and needed. He liked that, and didn't want it to end so when he heard Kageyama plead for him to slow down he sped up a little, but then slowed down for the other boy, to make sure he didn't feel too scared.

When Oikawa sped up my heart jumped into my throat, and I tightened my hold on him. Though I didn't fail to notice how strong his abs were, it was pleasantly distracting, and when Oikawa slowed down like I'd asked, I relaxed a little. But I didn't relinquish my hold on him, one, because I was still on his death machine, and two, because Oikawa was comforting, having him here to hold on to was calming, it made me feel like I wasn't alone, that I didn't have to do anything by myself, and I never wanted to let go. Sadly though, every moment must end.

Oikawa eased the bike to a halt, in Kageyama's driveway, and put the kickstand down. "Well then, I guess this is your stop." Oikawa said, and he and Kageyama stepped off of the bike. "Uhh, yeah I guess it is." Kageyama replied a little awkwardly while placing his hand on the back of his neck. Oikawa softly smiled and reached out to undo his helmet on Kageyama. the two stared into each other's eyes, as Oikawa used muscle memory to undo the helmet without looking. After sliding the helmet off of Kageyama, Oikawa looked at the ground shyly, then quickly caught Kageyama's lips into a quick kiss, it didn't last very long, but Oikawa's lips lingered above Kageyama's and whispered "thank you". And he quickly proceeded to drive away.

Kageyama was left dumbfounded, happy, confused, and red as a tomato. What was Oikawa thanking me for? Was it for riding with him, or the kiss? Really to Kageyama it didn't matter, he was still burning with a mixture of happiness and what he thought was probably love.