Thank You

"Why, Why did you do that? How am I supposed to play anymore, how can I strive to be better if you're not here for me to beat you? How can I feel that,  tingling, burning feeling that I get when I look at you, if you're not here?" Kageyama choked, trying to hold back tears, as he knelt before his beloved rival and ex-senpai.
-----------------------------------------------------

(FlashBack)

Karasuno had their long awaited match with Shiritorizawa the very next morning. Anxiously, Kageyama was walking home, he took a detour in hopes that a longer walk will help calm his nerves.

Rounding a corner Kageyama came to a cross walk. Pressing the walk button he waited for the walk sign to turn on, when it did he made his way across the street. Kageyama was just one big mess of nerves, in trying to get rid of them, he didn't notice the big black suburban barreling towards him, or the person on the other side of the street.

Everything happened so fast, all he felt was a bit of pressure on his chest, all he heard was the loud car honking, soon to turn into sirens, all he saw were blinding lights. When he looked up and saw Oikawa's bloody body, everything went into slow motion.

Kageyama shot up, and sprinted as fast as he could, almost tripping over the limp body struggling to breathe, he didn't feel like he was going fast enough.

As soon as Kageyama made eye contact, he heard Oikawa speak, "I really hate geniuses.", then start to weakly cough.

Quickly whipping out his phone Kageyama called 911. After that he had no idea what do, all he could think of was gently tilting Oikawa's face and make sure he stayed conscious. While trying to make sure that Oikawa won't leave him, Kageyama kept muttering oikawa's name, over and over again, until Oikawa suddenly stopped him.

This was the end, he could feel it. Oikawa knew that he would need to tell his secretly beloved kouhai soon. Grabbing Tobio's hand he said "Tobio-chan, promise me you'll beat Ushiwaka. Ok?"

"Y-yes, I will but-"

"No buts." This was it, he was going to say it. "Tobio, I-" Oikawa was interrupted by an onslaught if coughing out blood. Kageyama felt himself shake and hot tears streamed down his face, and he squeezed Oikawa's bloody hand tightly.

"N-no, p-please, you can't go!" Kageyama begged through his tears.

No! Im not done, I can't... go... yet...

The sound of sirens were blaring into his ears, but Kageyama couldn't register any of it. All he saw was the light leave Oikawa's eyes, and his hand go limp. 

------------------------------------------------------

Kageyama rested a hand on Oikawa's gravestone, "What were you going to tell me?" Kageyama asked. He then took his hand off and clenched his fists, "I guess all I can say now, would be... thank you." He turned around, looking back only once, he walked away. His deep blue eyes were glassy, and occasionally a tear would fall, and show just how empty the setter had become.