Pt. 1 Landed

Landed

White walls and blue carpets engulfed my vision as I stepped into the Korean airport. The journey was long and tiresome and all I wanted was to get to baggage reclaim and get to my new house.

After twisting and winding through long corridors and steep stairs, I had made it to the baggage reclaim! You see, I was chosen by the school to be an exchange student to try and appreciate different cultures or something like that.

My parents jumped up at joy at not having to deal with me for two months as I stayed with the other student's family. But I had been thrown into the program a week later with a small tourists guide on 'How to read Hangul' before being forced onto the plane with my clothing and phone.

"I don't even know the family's name!" I realised as I grabbed my blue and white bag, it had a Scottish motif with the flag and the thistles. I liked my bag, I took it on all my trips.

Seeing as I couldn't read any of the signs, and all the arrows pointed everywhere I didn't want to be, I followed the crowd as I navigated through the foreign airport.

It wasn't long before I saw the night a sky and the busyness of the city around me. Wait, I wasn't meant to be in a city. The family I was staying with was from a farming town.

Muttering and spluttering curse words at every thought, I looked around for something to sit on- a bench, wall, fence, anything!- but I was disappointed when I found nothing but busy people who had places to be.

"One job Alyx, you had one job!" I spoke out loud, gaining strangers attention.  "And because YOU mucked up, you have no roof over your head, no money, and no food!"

It was late at night, although I don't know what time it was exactly. I don't even know where I am! I sat down on the concrete only to find out it was wet but the citizens of the city didn't care for me sitting here as they just walked around me, turning up their noses.

I couldn't help the clear droplets that fell from my eyes, smudging whatever eye make-up I had left. My shoulders constantly shook as I cuddled my bag, the only thing of home I had left.

The school must've bought the wrong ticket. That's the only explanation. The only thing that stopped me from calling a taxi was I don't have any money in won, and I don't know any taxi numbers.

I grabbed my phone and checked how much battery it had left- 43%! Great! You've travelled halfway across the world, only to die on the streets of some Korean city!

Only seconds later, the gods must've been against you as rain started to fall from in between the buildings. Chilling me to the bone.

Minutes (or hours, it was hard to tell) passed and all I could think of was how could I have been so stupid? I was in the top of the class in all of my subjects and as soon as I leave the school, I'm an idiot!

I wonder if the family I was meant to be staying with was looking for me? If they had known that I got the wrong plane ticket? I have no way of contacting anyone.

And I was meant to be a responsible 17 year old!

I shivered involuntarily as the cold wind whipped against me unconsciously pulling my hoodie closer to me, wishing I brought a jacket of some sort.

I sat huddled on the floor, silently weeping and I didn't notice someone approach me. I would've freaked out from his clothing if I hadn't remembered that face masks were popular. He had a black face mask and a snap back pulled down to hide his eyes, completely masking his identity.

He spoke lowly, as if he didn't want to be overheard. He possible didn't want strangers to know he was helping a stuck foreign tourist. The only problem was. I didn't understand him.

I shook my head and croaked out to ask if he spoke English. He hesitated but nodded and that made me so happy.

"How are you?" He asked shakily.

That sort of made me extremely angry. It wasn't his fault as he probably didn't know the phrase

'Are you okay?' But to hear the phrase 'how are you?' So casually asked when I'm soaked through to the bone with literally nothing in my possession but some old clothes and my phone.

I couldn't help the sarcastic laugh.

"I'm doing absolutely fine! Brilliant weather, isn't it?" I nearly yelled but all the boy did was hold up one finger and walk away hurriedly.

"Great! Good job Alyx, you let your new friend escape haha!" I laughed dryly.

To my surprise, however, the masked boy came back with someone behind them who towered over the small boy.

"Hey, my name is Namjoon and my friend asked if you needed help?" The taller male spoke in a deep American accent that made you cringe slightly.

"Please! Can we talk somewhere out of the rain though?"

A/N

If you want more, vote so I know!