5

I took a deep breath and called Jay on Skype.

"Louis! How's it going man? I assume the job went well," he said as he popped up onto the screen.

I bit my lip, "Uh, n-no not exactly."

He frowned, "Why? Do you mean someone saw you?"

I shook my head frantically, "No no, nothing like that. I uh, haven't done it yet."

He balled his hand into a fist, "Mate it's been 4 weeks I'd assume it would've been done! Don't tell me you're chickening out! You're our second in command!"

I shifted uncomfortably, "Uh, well you see the thing is..."

"Spit it out."

"I can't do it!" I blurted, then immediately regretted.

"What do you mean you can't do it?"

"I-I can't, I can't do it."

"Fine then, we'll get someone else on the job!"

"NO!"

He narrowed his eyes, "The fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm done with this. I quit. I'm quitting the guild. I won't break my vow of secrecy. I won't tell anyone about the guild. Just, please. Don't kill her," I begged.

I could almost hear him gritting his teeth, a habit he had when he was angry.

"Fine. But if I see a SINGLE thing about this guild ANYWHERE, you're both dead. Turn in your dagger and ID later today. Niall will meet you out front the main headquarters at noon. Don't be late."

And he ended the call.

This would mean they'd have to find another way to get the money from her father. That made me nervous.

~~~~

I walked down the street towards the headquarters. I could tell I looked suspicious, but I walked as quickly as I could.

As promised Niall was standing out front.

"Hey mate, what gives?" he said, shaking my hand and pulling me into a hug. "Let's go inside to put everything up and you can explain."

We walked into a storage room of the underground bunker that was HQ.

I talked as we walked.

"Right so before I met this girl I thought I could totally do this, just a normal everyday job right?" I said.

He nodded.

"Well, when I met her I started to have a twinge of doubt. I started to think maybe I couldn't do it, and that's what got me," I said.

His eyebrows scrunched together, "Happens to the best of us."

I handed him my dagger and ID, which he shredded immediately.

"I'm sure Jay told you all about how you have to cut out everything about the guild and blah blah blah, right?"

I nodded.

He leaned in close, "I don't wanna cut ties with you. I know I'd be killed if Jay found out but you're like another brother to me mate."

I nodded, "I agree. Don't worry, I won't let anyone know."

He nodded, "Well, I guess that's it. Try not to look to suspicious as you're walking out, aye?" He winked at me.

I elbowed him and walked back up to street level, still not sure if I had made the right decision to quit the work I had been trained to do my whole life for a person I've barely known for 3 weeks.

As I was deep in my thoughts someone bumped in to me.

"Watch it ma-" I stopped mid-sentence when I saw who it was. It was Lillian.

"Oh wow sorry babe-I thought it was someone else, how are you?" I said when I had composed myself.

She didn't say anything at first, but then she said "I need to talk to you."

"Okay sure, well where do you want to-" I started but didn't get to finish.

Before I knew it, she was dragging me off.

We stopped in a corner of the park. "Babe, where are we goin-" I started.

She turned around and kissed me.

I felt like 10,000 bolts of electricity had been shot through my body. All of the stress from the past few weeks were lifted away as she kissed me. It almost made me forget that I was orignially supposed to kill this girl. As she kissed me, I couldn't imagine how I was ever going to do that in the first place. My thoughts were cut short as she pulled away.

Her cheeks were burning red as she looked to the ground, avoiding my gaze.

"Well that was a bit cheeky wasn't it?" I said, laughing a bit.

Suddenly her face changed, "Listen. I like you Louis. I've never liked anyone the way I've liked you before. I want you to be completely and totally honest with me. How do you feel about me?" she said.

I was floored, I had never seen her like this. 

"Well, I uh," I couldn't seem to find the right words.

She looked completely gutted, "No it's fine, I get it. Never have imagined someone actually liking me back."

I went into panic mode, "Babe no, that's not what I meant at all." 

I took her hand in mine, "It's just that I like you so much that I can't seem to find the right words."

She smiled at me.

I pulled her into a hug. 

"Well in that case, may I be so bold as to ask you to be my boyfriend?" she asked.

"Wow never had a girl so bold as to ask me out before. Of course I will," I said and kissed her.

*Lillian's POV*

HOLY SHIT I JUST DID THAT.

"To tell you the truth, I thought you wouldn't like me being so forward, I've never made the first move before," I said.

Louis smiled, "Honestly? I liked it. Very endearing."

He took my hand again and pulled me towards him. 

I laughed, "Well, let's not get too suggestive out in the street like this."

He laughed and held my hand as we walked down the road, not entirely sure of what our destination even was.