18.The Hunt (Sam's POV)

As soon as I heard Dean slam and lock the door to his and Diamondis's room, I knew he'd end up yelling at me the first chance he got. I watch Kris, checking the room to make sure it's safe. Once Kris was done she collasped on the bed, exhausted from what has happened today.

"Kris.".

She jumps up, the combat knife I gave her last year in her right hand, ready to strike at anyone. I watch her, fear showing in her eyes. I walk over to her trying to speak as calmly as I can. She looks at me, then she drops the knife, kicking it away by the handle with her bare foot.

"Yes, Sam.".

"Nothing.".

She sighs and sits back on the bed, slipping her iPhone out of her back pocket. I watch her eyes reading something. I walk over to the other side and sit down beside her. She has the Kindle app pulled up and is reading some weird book. She turns towards me, my least favorite look; the 'Why-are-you-staring-at-me look'.

"What are you reading?".

"Storm Warning, it's book nine in the 39 clues series.".

She looks at me again and then sighs, leaning into my right shoulder, letting me see the screen. After two hours Kris is asleep, lightly snoring. I watch over her, drifting off to sleep myself.

*The Next Morning*

I woke up to Kris running around our room, back and forth to the window. I sit up, watching her again. She's packing her bookbag back up, grabbing extra stuff as she's running.

"What the hell, Kris? Is everything okay?".

She drops the knife from last night, the one she kicked away. I run over to her, picking the knife up just as her hand reaches for it. She looks at me with excitement, a smile on her face. She shakes her head, holding her right hand out for the knife, her other one barely holding the book bag.

"Give it here, Sam. I'm in a hurry.".

"Why are you in a hurry, Kris?".

"Remember that case out in GrandView?".

"Which one?".

"All the blood drained from the bodies.".

"What does that have to do with your craziness right now?".

Oh, shit, wrong choice of words there. Kris hates it when Dean or I call her crazy. She looks at me, a little bit of rage beginning to show in her eyes. Yep, I am going to die if I can't fix this right here, right now.

"What I...uh...meant was...uh...why are you excited over a cold case?".

"They've found another body, same MO. All the blood drained, except it's different though.".

"How's it different?".