Chapter 3

Tris's POV

I feel tiny hands shaking me, and I slowly open my eyes. I find Toby sitting up on the bed, smiling down at me.

"Hi, Mommy," he says, and I sit up.

"Hey, buddy. Did you get a lot of sleep?" I ask, and he nods his head.

"Yeah. I did. And I woke up. And you weren't up. So I woke you up," he says, and I laugh.

"I see that." I pick up my phone and see that it's already 9:30.

"Mommy. Can we eat breakfast? I'm hungry," Toby says, and I laugh. Tobias was like that too.

"Of course we can," I say and get up out of the bed. "Come on, buddy." I pick him up and carry him into the kitchen. I set him down in his booster seat and sit down beside him.

"Mommy. Can I have some bacon?" Toby asks.

"Yes. Waverly!" I call, and she appears in front of us.

"Yes, miss?" she says.

"Can you fix Toby some bacon and me some scrambled eggs and sausage?" I ask.

"Of course, miss," she says and starts cooking.

"Mommy," Toby says, and I turn to look at him. "Can we go to the park today?"

"Of course," I answer. "We'll go after my interview today. Remember? I'm telling everyone the big announcement."

"Oh. Yeah," he says. "Ok."

Waverly gives him his bacon and me my scrambled eggs and sausage. We start eating, and soon I'm finished. I pull out my phone and update some stuff on social media. Then I go to my pictures. I pull up a picture of Tobias and smile.

I got this picture of him while he was at my house one day. He was doing his homework, and I took the picture while he wasn't paying attention. When he realized that I got a picture of him, he chased me around the house until we were both laughing and out of breath.

I pull up another picture of Tobias. In this one he is laying down on the grass looking up at the tunnel of trees. I snuck this picture of him while he wasn't looking, and he doesn't know that I took it. I look at this picture every time I want to remember that people can be broken and put back together. Tobias was broken before I met him, and he said that I restored him.

I then pull up a picture of me and Tobias together. He took it of us while we were laying on his bed one day. My hair was spread out, the sun was shining on us, and both of our eyes were sparkling. I've looked at this picture a lot since I left. It reminds me of how happy we used to be.

I look up from my phone and see that Toby is done with his breakfast. Waverly picks up our dirty dishes, and I pick Toby up out of his seat. I take him into his room and set him down on his bed. I find some khaki shorts and a light blue shirt. I put it on him, and he uses the bathroom.

"Come on, buddy. Let's go see who's awake," I say and pick him up. I take him into the living room and find Oscar watching tv on the couch.

"Hey, Oscar. Can you watch Toby while I get ready?" I ask.

"Of course," he replies, and I put Toby down beside him.

I walk to my room and into the bathroom. I take a quick shower and go into my closet. I find a tan dress with a white collar and a little black ribbon tie and quickly put it on. I dry my hair and curl it. I put on a black wire headband with diamond studded car ears and slip on my black ankle boots. I grab my phone and walk back to the living room.

"You guys ready to go?" I ask.

"Yeah. Come on, guys," Matthew says. I grab Toby's stuff and pick Toby up. We all walk out to the waiting limo and get in. The limo driver takes us to the place we need to go. We get out, go inside, and find the right place to be. When we get there, I see Kevin and walk over to him.