1 || r i n & l e n

Flashback

11 years ago

"Charlotte! Please don't leave us-" Mama slapped our father's hand away, snarling at him.
"Don't leave us?! It was the brats that drove us apart, and you still consider them part of us?! Besides, I have better things to do than babysit two little demons for the rest of my life! " She shrieked with a triumphant look on her face.
"The money from my lottery ticket is much more than any money you'll ever make, not with those two! It's either me, or the brats, Akihiko!"
Father looked down with tears in his eyes, then glared at her with a hard expression.
"I choose Rin and Len, Allox."
Mama's beautiful face contorted in rage when she heard his reply.
"So we're on a fucking last name basis now, Kirota?! I should thrash you within a inch of your life, sir!" Her British accent showed in her furious voice, verbally lashing out at Father. We could see the pain in his eyes.
"I hope you die in a fire!" Mama strode out, slamming open the front doors, leaving them open behind her.
The first hints of snowflakes blew in, bringing the sharp chill of winter with it. It just enunciated Father's pain over losing Mama.
Father collapsed on the floor, holding his head in his hands. A heartbroken wail came from  him.

"Charlotte..........."

><><><><
10 7/9 years ago

"Okay, Rin. You're going to have to get past the firewall." Len dictated to me as I clicked on Charlotte Allox's bank account, the woman who had used to be our mother. 
"There's a passcode first. You should be able to get past by hacking directly into the bank."
A few hacks later, I got into Mam- no, Charlotte Allox's bank account.
"So how much should I withdraw?" I asked Len while tapping into the withdrawal screen.
"Hm. How about all of it. That'll teach her to leave Father." Len said while grinning evilly. I grinned back. 
"All of it it is, then."
Are you sure you wish to withdraw 250,000,000 yen?
*Yes       *No
><><><><
10 5/6 years ago

The Tokyo Times

HEADLINE NEWS: BODY OF CHARLOTTE ALLOX DISCOVERED

Charlotte Allox, 26 years of age, was discovered and pronounced dead in a abandoned building on February 12, 2005. 

><><><><><
10 years ago

Father held my hand steady on the bow, stopping to check Len's hand positioning and aim.

"Now, draw back the arrow and string back to your ear- Rin, a little to the left, Len, hold the bow steady- and release." Our arrows hit the white ring just outside of the bull's eye. Father smiled at us. Len grinned happily.
"Great work, Rin, Len! Practice a bit more, and you'll get it soon! Len, work on your stance. Rin, try not to spend as much time on your stance. "
"We'll be working on throwing knives and proper etiquette after bows, so practice everyday- RIN DON'T SHOOT YOU'RE AIMING THE WRONG WAY-"
Father was taken to the hospital for a arrow in his leg after that. He refused to tell the nurse why on earth there was a arrow in his leg.

><><><><

9 1/2 years ago

"Rin~niichan! Help!" 
Len cried out to me as the thief drew closer to Len, pinned under a fallen vase. She struggled fiercely as he gripped her arm tightly and yanked her up, pinning her arms behind her back.
He grinned a ugly smile at me.

"Now, laddie buck, just han' o'er that key yer holdin', an' dis young 'un won't get hurt, see?"
He spoke gruffly, making his words barely intelligible, but to me they were loud and clear.