1 0 | | r i n

Apologies that it's not Len this time, but it had to be Rin for this to work as i've planned. Gomen. *bows*

----

Rin

And that was the story of why I was sitting on a couch, across from Haruhi, in the Host Club, and dressed as a girl called Mika Kagune. A glass vase of red roses gleamed in the afternoon sunlight, as I sipped at my tea, legs crossed daintily. I grimaced internally, at the memory of Len fussing over me and giving me a complete makeover, with Sayaka as makeup and hair crew. I brushed a lock of fake black hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear. The unfamiliar weight of mascara weighed on my eyelashes as I smiled coyly at Haruhi.

"Fujioka-san, why did you want to join the Host Club?" I asked, with a tone of innocent curiosity. Haruhi twitched slightly, but it went unnoticed by the two other girls sitting with me on the couch, who looked eager to hear the story. Haruhi put on a charming smile, replying,

"I wanted to make girls like you happy, of course! It's really nice to see you smile."

I blushed, on cue as the other girls blushed and fangirled.

"That's so heartwarming, Fujioka-kun!" One of the girls, Aya, squealed. She had hearts in her eyes. I patted the bag next to me, making sure Sayaka's camera was still in there. It was crucial to the picture I needed to get to repay Sayaka. My eyes darted to keep track of the twins, who were flirting with their customers. One of them fainted, and her friends caught her and laid her down on a nearby couch.

The twins weren't doing their twincest act yet. Damn, I'd have to stay in here a bit longer. I turned my attention back to Haruhi, who was conversing with the other guests.

"So....who do you like, Fujioka-kun?" slyly asked Saki, the other guest.

"W-who I like...?" Haruhi stuttered over her words, fumbling for something to say while a blush threatened to rise on her cheeks.

"Yeah, Fujioka-san. You must have a crush on someone~" purred Aya.

"W-well..." Haruhi's gaze darted to Tamaki for a split second, then back again. The others didn't fail to miss it.

"Kyaa~! TamaHaru is true~!" squealed Aya, who didn't look disappointed in the least that the target of Haruhi's affections wasn't her.

"I ship it~! HaruKi has sailed!" cheered Saki at the same time, freezing. The two girls slowly turned, glaring icily at each other.

"It's TamaHaru!"

"HaruKi, I say!"

As the two girls squabbled over which ship name was the best, Haruhi looked absolutely petrified, cheeks red as a sunset. I waved slightly to her, getting her attention.

"Y-yes, Kagune-san?" Haruhi asked, coughing into her palm to hide her flushed face.

I smiled kindly at her. "Fujioka-Kun, shall we talk to pass the time? I don't think they'll settle for peace any time soon." I nodded slightly to the two girls.

"A-ah... That would be lovely, Kagune-san." Haruhi smiled faintly, blush dying down.

"Then... are you in any clubs, Kagune-san?" Haruhi asked, a hint of curiosity permeating her tone.

I smiled. "I'm so glad you asked, Fujioka-san! I'm in the Photography Club..and, well, the only reason I came here was to get photos for the Host Club album we have." I gestured to the shoulder bag that rested on the couch next to me.

"This bag holds my friend's camera. I need to get a picture of the Hitachiins doing their twincest act, to complete the album." I explained to Haruhi, smiling.

"But...if you were going to get a picture of them, wouldn't you have requested them instead of me?" Haruhi asked, sounding confused.

"That's the trick of photography, Fujioka-san! It just doesn't seem as good when the subject poses for a picture, instead of taking candid shots of them. They look way more relaxed when they think no one's watching them." I told Haruhi. On the other side of the room, the twins began their twincest act.

"Ah, do you mind..?" I asked, motioning to the twins and taking out Sayaka's beloved camera.

"Oh!" She turned to see them doing their act, then turned back to me. "Nah, it's fine."

"Thank you, Fujioka-san." I aimed the camera at them, focusing in on Hikaru and Kaoru. Just another moment, and then...! As Hikaru caressed Kaoru's face gently, I pressed the button that would take a picture. Click. I took a few more pictures for good measure, as Haruhi sipped her tea, relaxed. I thought for a minute, then took a picture of Haruhi looking out the window, teacup at her lips. Click. She blinked, looking back at me.

"Sorry, but you looked so peaceful that I just had to take a picture." I apologized, showing the picture to Haruhi, Her face lit up, eyes seeming to sparkle.

"You're really good at photography!" She complimented, admiring the picture. I blushed, on cue as she looked up. I averted my eyes to the side, acting embarrassed, though I was really elated. It was one of my first times trying my hand at photography, and to be complimented on it made me really quite happy.

"O-oh, it was nothing." I retrieved the camera back from Haruhi, taking a look at the clock.

"It looks like our time is over, Fujioka-san. I hope to see you again~" I bowed to Haruhi, stowing the camera back in Sayaka's bag and walking out the doors, near where Kyoya was typing on his computer.

"Have a good day, Kirota-san." Kyoya said, on my way out. I stiffened. Crap, he knows?! How does he know?! I forced myself to calm down, managing to send a placating smile to Kyoya.

"Have a good day as well, Ootori-san." I forced out, walking quickly out of the Host Club.

----

"Here." I shoved the camera at Sayaka, out of the disguise.

"You got the picture? Great!" Sayaka cheered, looking in the camera's photo files. I had removed the photo of Haruhi, downloading it to my computer.

"Good job, Mika. " said Len, patting me on the back.

"Don't ridicule me..!"

----

I hope you enjoyed Chapter 10! It was really fun to write this. d(>o<)b

Phoenix