9 | | r i n

- dedicated to totescuteforever1234
Thank you for giving me the plot of this chapter! I can't follow through with it completely, but love you anyway for helping~! (please don't take this as i'm dismissing your idea after i fangirled about it so sorry if i offended you ;-;) i like wrote half the chapter in both Language Arts
><><><><
Rin

The sound of my footsteps were lost amongst the overwhelming noise in the crowded hallway. Girls in their yellow dresses were chatting (obsessively) with their friends, boys in blue blazers were talking (at a near deafening pitch) to their classmates. Everyone was talking, leaving no room for peace. I sighed, rubbing at my temples slightly. I wished that Len was here, she at least appreciated silence. Everything was always moving in this world. I looked down at my schedule, searching for my next period class. Literature. That...sounded boring. Maybe some dusty professor would drone on and on about a book that dated back to the beginning of the world. It was in... Classroom B-1. That didn't seem too far from here, which was a relief, since the ten minute break was nearly over.

I turned down the next hallway to Literature, this one thankfully a bit quieter than the hallway I had just come from. Two people slipped out of the crowd, slinging their arms over my shoulders. I sighed, eye twitching slightly in irritation. I knew who they were, as soon as the squealing started.

"KYAA!"

"MOE~!"

"MARRY EACH OTHER!"

Random screaming like this came from the crowd, and I thought I saw a girl faint. Scratch that, multiple girls. It was an impromptu fainting mob. I saw a girl out of the corner of my eye, snapping a couple of photos, but I was quickly distracted from her when the people began to talk.

"So," Hikaru began.

"What's with the rings?" Kaoru finished.

I groaned internally, frustrated. I had been trying to shake them off for the entire day. Obviously, it didn't work. Why did they even care about the rings so much, anyway?

"Why do you care so much about them?" I cautiously voiced my thoughts.

"They're matching rings?" Hikaru stated, in a 'duh' kind of way. It was annoying.

"Rings like that usually mean something important." Kaoru added.

"Like these dog tags~" Hikaru said, hooking the chain of my dog tags with one finger, pulling them out from under my shirt collar. I glowered, swatting his hand away rather childishly. Tucking the dog tags back under my shirt, I ventured to ask another question.

"Why do you want to know?" They didn't seem to have any particular reason to take interest in me and Len, as I had observed. I noted that nearly half of the girls in this school seemed to be borderline fanatical about them and their twincest act. I didn't know why they did it, but it was probably linked to the Host Club I had found Len in. They might have been hosts there. Or, perhaps...

"Are you trying to recruit us for your club?" I asked, a hint of accusation in my tone. Their shocked faces gave it all away. So..it was true.

Kaoru tried to laugh it off. "O-of course not!" He chuckled weakly, voice getting slightly higher pitched. They quickly switched gears, putting on innocent expressions.

"S-so..you take Literature?" Hikaru asked, trying to turn the conversation away from the Host Club.

"It's a required subject." I stated, in a deadpan tone.

"..so it is?" Kaoru flinched.

The twins stuttered madly, trying to come across a conversation topic that had nothing to do with the Host Club. They were saved by the tinkling chime of the bell, and they quickly took their chance to escape, calling out a farewell over their shoulders. I got to my seat, thoughts churning in my mind as the teacher began her lecture.. What exactly were the twins up to?

-------

".....And that's how it happened." I concluded, head resting in Len's lap as I recounted the encounter with the Hitachiins. We were sitting in the gazebo, within the maze of roses. It was our free period, so we didn't really feel a need to worry about the time.

"Really?" Len mused, absentmindedly stroking my hair. "But why would they want us in their club?" It was nice and peaceful in here. Just me and Len.

"Maybe for your strikingly good looks." I teased, smirking slightly. She smiled at me, making my heart flutter like she always did.

"I saw Yukio and Hideki today." She admitted, grinning back at me.

"Really?!" My mind drifted back to that fangirl that was taking photos of us..! "I think I saw Sayaka today!"

"Who knows, we might even run into Hiroko, Masato, and Aoi here too." She joked, naming our middle school friends. Together, we had been the best team.

Suddenly, a evil grin formed on Len's face. I stiffened slightly.

"Do you want to get the Hitachiins off our tail?" She asked, chuckling darkly.

"...Y-yes?"

"Follow me~"

------

"Where did you even get all this?!"

"School store and trading." Len snickered as she attached fireworks to the side of the clock tower. Taping down the last one, she left to go recalibrate the clock tower, leaving me with nothing but, "fuck shit up bro".

"Hey!" A call came from behind me. I spun around, nearly tripping. Trying to hide the firework rocket behind me, I nearly didn't see who had called me.

"Rin!" A ravenette in glasses bounded towards me.. Wait, that was a camera around her neck.. Sayaka?

She leapt forward, hugging me. "I missed you so much!" I instinctively hugged her back.

"S-sayaka?" I asked, disbelievingly. She giggled up at me, brown eyes sparkling.

"Who else, silly?" She peered behind me. "What are you doing, Ri~kun?"

"Er....creating a distraction?" I blurted out, unable to lie to her.

"Trying to get HiKao off of your tail?" She asked, a calculating gaze in her eyes, Then, she sighed and let go of me, grinning.

"Get me a HiKao picture and I'll help you." She smirked, same as always. Nothing had changed about her, which I found comforting.

I grinned back. "Deal."

We shook hands.

-----

Static crackled on the line. "Ready?" Len's voice came.

"Yeah. Commence on three?" I asked, through the headset's microphone.

Sayaka's voice came, speaking. "Fireworks going off on three..."

"Two.."

"One!"

As our countdown ended, a resounding boom came from the clock tower. Students and teachers alike raced out into the courtyard, staring in amazement at the colorful display in the sky.

"Switching on lights.." Sayaka murmured. The clock tower lit up, and the bells rang out, despite the fact that it was 1:27 and it was supposed to ring at 2. The balloons Len had taped in place popped, and confetti spilled out of them, spiraling down like sakura petals. The students began clapping, then the staff, until the day rang with the cheers from every direction.

"That should be enough to distract them for a while." Len muttered, a smirk in her voice.

"You think?" Sayaka, asked, sarcastically.

"Good work, team!" I cheered quietly.

"I still need my HiKao picture, Rin~" said Sayaka, wickedly.

"Crap."

---

And that's the first time I drafted nearly a entire chapter on paper, in class. Many different classes, I assure you. (Science, Language Arts, Choir, Chinese...you get the gist).

I hope you enjoyed it~!

Phoenixfyre24