Back home

nalen put the bags away and i started some food on the stove for us. It was a cool night and late but we were nowhere close to being tiered despite the long ride.

He came up behind me and held my waist, "you can stay, you know? I like having you as my company"

"Well I'll be going back to school and work soon but" I cleared my throat "I did not want to stay in the city"

He signs and lets go of my waist waving a piece of paper in the air I hadn't noticed him holding.

" I got offered a job in nevada" he cleared his throat.

"What are you saying Nalen?" I put down the spetula.

"If I'm not mistaken, I know you and I are starting something here, slowly but I'm feeling you and have been for a while now" he signs giving me a minute to process that "it'll be a big step, we'll be skipping everything a regular relationship would go through but we work very well together and I'd like to see where you and I could lead too... In the future but me leaving would prevent that I mean we could do lon g distance but since"

"Nalen" I smiled so hard seeing him ramble on and on.

He took a deep breath, "I want to take this offer and I want you as well, I don't want to loose this chance of being with you again" he lend on the kitchen counter and I walked into his arms that gently wrapped around me.

It felt so right being in his arms, very calm and quiet. No drama, no drugdealera, strippers, lies involved. A life where I'll get to open up, know somebody and legally, succefully build. It was a life I knew I wanted to experience because I loved myself. Our lips locked and his hands tangled in my hair.

"I could find a pharmacy nearby to intern at while I finish my classes, I did want to transfer to a college to have more hands on experience so I'll have to find one that will transfer all of my credits"

"And if you can't then the best option" he smiles "we could get a small apartment, something affordable but nice"

"Can we get a puppy"

"And pet friendly" he smiles

"But we don't have to get it any time soon I mean pups are a big step"

"We'll already be making a big step"

"We can do this"

"We can" he stared at each other, holding one another, smiling "I love this" he mumbles and slaps my butt "you contractions boiling" he slapped his chest and went to turn off the stove.