Chapter 2

I looked around the shabby looking place. The white walls were chipped and the paint seemed to be cracked everywhere. This place had changed so much since I last lived here. It seemed so alive the last time I saw it. The pink walls, now white and cracked. The beautiful glass chandelier now just a globe at the top of the ceiling.

I walked over to the window ceil, looking out onto the freshly cut green grass that was merely hidden by a tree. I couldn't help but notice a smile grow upon my face at the thought of some of the events that had happened in this room previously.

The thought of Harry, climbing up the tree and jumping near my window to surprise me. The nights when he would bring strawberries and chocolate over and we would sit around talking to each other, about our future and, together forever.

I blinked my eyes releasing the tears I was trying to stop from falling. I wasn't crying, tears were just whelming up, threatening to spill down my cheeks.

I quickly wiped my cheeks wiping the tears away from my cheeks. I looked over to the small mirror that was hung up on the wall noticing how dark my eyes were. The very few tears that had fallen had caused my mascara and eyeliner to run down my face, leaving big,black stains on my face.

I quickly walked into my bathroom, grabbing a make-up wipe. I looked into the mirror once, looking at what I had become.

Why Harry? Why not me? 

Harry had so much to live for. I didn't. I'm nothing, Harry was famous, he had the whole world in his hands. No one would've missed me, they miss Harry. I know they missed him, almost as much as I did.

I shake my head at myself, my state. My hair was straight and blonde but it looked oily, hanging down my back all ruffled up messily. My skin was tan, but now all blotchy because of my lack of make up and my eyes, well they were puffy and red. 

I look up in disgrace.

----------------------------------------

Wow. You are filth. You did'nt deserve him. It's your fault he's missing. You, you're a disgrace.Die!

I scroll through my twitter looking at the still flowing tweets about Harry, how it was my fault, how I was a disgrace that didn't deserve to live.

I shut my computer in a huff, clearing my thoughts. 

I'm fine. Monique, you're fine. Everything's fine.

-----------------------------------------

I slowly scan the room that I am about to reclaim as my own. Thinking about anything i can do to make it better. How I could possibly fix this, it was going to take an effort and a half. But, like my life it's going to take more then I can handle to make this perfect again, nothing was going to be perfect again.

"Mon?" I hear a recognizable voice, my mother.

I turn to face her, trying to cover my still red eyes.

"Hi mum, I-I'm just,erm t-thinking about, what I want my, my room to look like" I stutter out trying to contain my sobs.

"Honey, theres someone at the door for you," she says dryly. "But, if you don't want visitors, I can tell them to come back another day" she says more happily this time.

"It's fine, mum. I'll be down right away" I say taking a quick glance at her before she makes her way down the hall into her bedroom.

-----------------------------------------

I make my way to the door, not knowing who was there "wanting" to see me. I see a mid height guy standing at my door, his hair up in a small quiff. That's when it hit me who was standing at my front door. Louis Tomlinson.