Chapter 10: Comforting Words

Legolas POV

It is late in the night and I am still awake because I am on watch. I am also worried about Aerlinniel, so I probably wouldn't be able to get any sleep anyways.

I am worried about her for many different reasons. One, is that Gandalf, who was like a father to her, died and she is sad she couldn't save him. And, I am just worried I am going to lose her again. I am so happy to be able to spend time with her because it was so long since we last saw each other. I just wish it was under better circumstances.

I wonder if she missed me as much as I missed her. I thought about her every moment we were apart. The only thing I had of her was her horse. I searched for her for a while, but I didn't have any luck.

When I saw her in Rivendell, it was like I could feel my self falling in love with her all over again. I want to tell her, but I do not think it is the best time too. I will eventually tell her, when the time is right. I just hope that she feels the same way.

I look over at her to see her sleeping peacefully. The wind has blown hair over her face and I use my hand to push it back behind her ear. She is so beautiful, especially with the light of the moon shining on her golden hair and fair skin.

She then gets an odd look on her face. She looks scared. I am confused, but then I realized. She must be having a bad dream. She gives a whimper and i gently shake her shoulder.

"Aerlinniel?" I whisper her name, concerned. Nothing, so I try again. "Aerlinniel?"

She gives a gasp and sits up. Her head darts around before she looks at the ground, sadness covers her face. She then looks up and I can see her eyes are watering up.

"Legolas?" She questions.

"It's alright, your safe. It was just a bad dream." I tell her, trying to calm her down.

She then hugs me. I wrap my arms around her and rub her back, just like I did when we got out of Moria.

I whisper to her, "Shh. It's alright. Go back to sleep."

Eventually she calms down and lets go of me. She gives me a small smile and I return in. She then lays back down and closes her eyes.

"Thank you, Legolas." She mumbles to me.

"Anytime, Aerlinniel." I say to her, stroking her hair. She eventually falls back asleep.

Aerlinniel POV

I wake up to Legolas starting to get the others up. We must be leaving now. We grab our things and get back on the boats. I think back to last night. The dream was terrifying.

There was a battle and all of my friends were yelling for help. Pippin, Merry, Frodo, Sam, Gimli. And I didn't know what was going on and I couldn't get to them. They were all in different places and I didn't know who to go to. That's when I heard Legolas shout. I didn't know what to do and I was freaking out. That's when Legolas woke me up, thank the Valar.

He was so kind. I don't know what would have happened if he didn't wake me up and then help calm me down. It just reminded me of how much I missed him and how scared I was because I didn't know if he was alive or not.

I am so thankful for him. I just wish I could tell him how I really feel. I wish I could tell him everything. But I can't, not yet at least. It could put him in danger. If what Lady Galadriel said what would happen if Sauron finds out about my powers, actually happens, then it is possible Legolas could be killed. I can't tell anyone, no matter how bad I want to.

A must have been really lost in my thoughts, because the next thing I know, everyone is getting out of the boats.

"We cross the lake at nightfall. Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the North." Aragorn informs us while we set up camp.

"Oh, yes? Just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil, an impassable labyrinth of razor-sharp rocks. And after that, it gets even better. Festering, stinking marshland as far as the eye can see." Gimli replies to Aragorn.

"That is our road. I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf." Aragorn tells Gimli.

“Recover my-" Gimli starts to say and pauses for a moment before continuing, "Dwarves don't need to recover... Recover strength? Pay no heed to that, young Hobbit."

Then merry questions, "Where's Frodo?"

I quickly listen for his heartbeat, he is not to far away. But, when I listen for everyone else's heartbeats, I notice that Boromir is gone too.

"Boromir is gone too." I tell them.

I knew something bad was going to happen.

~~~~~~

What did you all think of Legolas POV? I had so much fun writing it! Is there anyone else's POV you would like to see? Updates are every Sunday and Thursday!

Love you my elves from the realm of llamas,

~Ellethwen <3